I need help..I gained weight over weekend!

Okay so I was bad this weekend, I went out on a girl weekend and I gained a couple of pounds...as it turns out when I got on my friends car she had tons of the proccessed foods I know we should not eat and I hate to admit I gave in..not only that but we had the girly drinks and the food...aaaahh the food.
It was a great weekend but now I gained two pounds...how can I lose them again as fast as possible? Should I double my workouts, lower my calorie intake?..right now I am eating 1200-1300 cals a day.
I need suggestions...Please Help!

Replies

• sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    You ate 7000 extra calories??
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    just start new fresh today. nothing you can do about this weekend.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    It's water. Get back on the wagon workout and eat as you did the week before. It may take all week to get rid of it but it will go :)
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    You were consuming processed foods and alcohol. Those couple pounds are most likely water retention. Drink plenty of water to flush out your system. You're weight should go back down in a few days.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Don't freak out! I did the same thing :) I usually do a little detox when I splurge too much on the weekend and drink alcohol. Just watch what you eat the next few days, sweat as much as possible, and drink lots of water. We fell off the wagon this weekend (and it was FUN) so let's dust ourselves off and jump right back on, just imagine that it left you so you have to run 10 miles up the road to catch it!
  • rmancha
    rmancha Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for the advice..I am glad it is mostly water retention that will go away I was already freaking out...I like the comment about falling off the wagon and now I have to 10 miles to catch up to it!
    Thanks again if anyone out there has more advice I'd gladly take it!...I am off to get a big glass of water ; )
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    It's water, dont worry! Every Sunday I allow myself a treat day where i don't count calories and I eat what I want. If I weigh in on monday morning I usually find im at least 2lbs over what i was the previous day!

BUT

I just keep eating well for the rest of the week, do your workouts and lots of water and i bet youll lose those 2lbs within 2-3 days, I usually do and then I usually lose at least a pound on top of that come weigh in day!