Have Any Of Yous Lost Weight Without Removing Carbs From Your Diet?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I never restricted carbohydrates while losing weight. I lost 42 pounds and am comfortably maintaining it with carbohydrates being 50-60% of my daily intake.
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 lbs already and have not cut a thing from my diet but Pop-Tarts. Still eat plenty of rice, potatoes, pasta...
  • p3mullins
    p3mullins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To date, the community at avatar nutrition has lost 41,509 lbs without cutting carbs out.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I have my macros set to MFP's default at 50%. I've lost and kept off ~60 lbs eating as much or as little carbs as I want.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have started to eat more whole grain high fiber breads and crackers. But other than that not much change except a smaller amount.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you stick with a calorie deficit with exercise there should be no reason why you shouldn't lose weight n still have carbs!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Go peek in the success story section of MFP. You'll find the majority of successes are from plain ole calorie restriction.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    80 lbs, still plenty of carbs. I do horrible on low carb - dizzy, weak, hangry.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    56 lbs in 6.5 months. Carb is the macro I'm likeliest to go over, in fact. I'm vegetarian and in my quest of hitting my protein levels, I'm also getting a lot of carbs along the way. Not hurting any.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds. I rarely pay any attention to carbs. I try to hit my protein goal every day and I let fats and carbs fill out the rest.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I didn't eliminate them or purposefully restrict them, but a typical consequence of reducing total calories is reducing the total amount of carbs - but not necessarily reducing the % carbs in your diet.

In my case, because I'm short and wasn't overweight to start with, my calorie goal was low. So, when I made sure I got enough protein and fat, my % carbs decreased by default. I was still not low carb. I probably averaged 100-150 grams of carbs per day.
  • Molly_gets_fit26
    Molly_gets_fit26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sure have! It's really up to each individual person and what works best for them. But I focus on GOOD carbs - fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans. No processed garbage. I'm down 25 pounds!
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    MimiOfTheFraserValley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't find removing one kind of food from my diet to be helpful. So I don't eliminate anything & keep to a well balanced diet. I find that this is best for me &, well, for most people. I'd only remove something if my doctor said to do so, but all he's said to me is to reduce my caloric intake & to eat as healthy as possible, cutting back on junk food & upping my water & veggie intake. :smile:
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    About 100 lbs.

In fact, I probably eat more carbs now than I did before BUT my choice of carbs is different and I am way more active than I ever was.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, 112 pounds lost (used to be more, had a small planned regain) and carbs make up roughly 55% of my calories, sometimes more.

t465jvzvuett.png

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if any of yous have lost a huge amount of weight without restricting/removing carbs from your diet? xx

Never believed in cutting anything out. Love my carbs and they are an important part of my diet. Lost over 20Kg
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i've experienced steady weight loss while eating pop tarts on a daily basis, just ate within a deficit. my body responds well to it.
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just wondering if any of yous have lost a huge amount of weight without restricting/removing carbs from your diet? xx

I don't mean to take over OP's discussion, but I think my question kind of goes "hand in hand" with the question. I've always wondered about cutting carbs, also.. However, could you tell me if there are certain type of exercises that one does to be able to keep carbs in their "diet", to loose the weight? Please forgive me, it this is not appropriate.
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm like @ladyreva78 except I'm awaiting gallbladder removal, eating very low fat, high carb and even high sugar, got to get my calories from somewhere, I'm down 34 lbs since mid Jan 17