question

Options
is peanut butter fattening. (one scoop)

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    peanut butter has lots of fat, nuts are higher in fat and the word butter indicates fat. You can still eat it though, measure and weigh carefully so it fits in your calorie goal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No food, in and of itself, is fattening. If it fits your calorie goal, go for it. It is quite calorie dense, however, so I recommend that you weigh it rather than "scoop" it to get an accurate idea of how much you're eating.
  • cordney
    cordney Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anything is "fattening" if you eat too much of it. But no, there are no foods that instantly turn into body fat.
  • syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter everyday, 30g usually, i incorporate it into my calorie goal.

What do you mean by a scoop? A teaspoon, tablespoon, soup ladle??

just a tablespoon lol
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Carrots can be fattening if you eat more calories worth than you burn every day. No foods are inherently fattening/slimming.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    syousaf571 wrote: »
    is peanut butter fattening. (one scoop)

Any food can be "fattening" if you eat more calories than you burn. Do you understand the concept of counting calories? Macros? If not, read some of the stickies in the forum to help you.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of peanut butter is not 'fattening' unless it is a HUGE scoop. Anything you eat must be considered in relation to what you eat overall.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    syousaf571 wrote: »
    I eat peanut butter everyday, 30g usually, i incorporate it into my calorie goal.

just a tablespoon lol

How big is your tablespoon? A "tablespoon" is really only 15 grams, so unless thats what you are consuming, by weighing it so you know it to be true, your calorie count may be off.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Fingers. Peanut butter is aways measured in finger scoops.

OP, if it fits in your calorie goals, there is nothing wrong with peanut butter (allergies excepted).
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    With things like peanut butter, I like to weigh the container before and after and subtracting the difference. That way I get to account for licking the spoon clean.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I just want to address the "one scoop" portion of the OP's comment. This is 24 grams (1.5 tablespoons) of peanut butter that I packed in my lunch today, with a pen for reference. With caloric foods like peanut butter, you HAVE to weigh!

7hp4kxvytqeq.jpg
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just want to address the "one scoop" portion of the OP's comment. This is 24 grams (1.5 tablespoons) of peanut butter that I packed in my lunch today, with a pen for reference. With caloric foods like peanut butter, you HAVE to weigh!

7hp4kxvytqeq.jpg

Heartbreaking, isn't it?
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    BeauNash wrote: »

7hp4kxvytqeq.jpg

Heartbreaking, isn't it?

If you put it in a smaller container - it looks like more.