lose one gain two

Options
I have been consistently losing a pound a week sometimes a bit more so that I'm down 10 in 7 weeks. I weigh everyday and enter into libra so I can see the trend. one thing that I noticed is that I need to drink more water on the weekends. I drink a ton all week when sitting at my desk and not as much (always busy) on the weekends and low and behold every Friday - Monday I gain two pounds, well that and pizza Friday :)

granted now worries as by the following Friday I am down a pound from the previous low Friday.

I guess the point of the ramblings is one step forward two steps back but watch the trend

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    The Friday pizza has a ton of sodium - water retention
    You drink less water over the weekend- the sodium is not flushed out as soon as it could be.

Tada! A 2 lbs water gain every weekend that takes a few days to leave.

Up your water on the weekend and see if things improve.

Cheers, h.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    yeah, I'm not worried about it. back when I only weighed a couple times a week I would freak out at every little gain. turns out its all superficial now that I'm tracking daily.

I guess the point of my post was now that I weigh daily (some think thats excessive) it freed up that panic and the shaming I used to put on myself for what turns out to be just simple water flucuations