TMI: readers beware

Options
2»

Replies

• rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's completely normal. I have had digestive issues since I was 18, so I eat about 3-4x the amount of fiber most people need. It happens. Truuuust me.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well. If I get my intake up to the recommended daily according to MFP (22 or so), I start having issues. Also, if I have a few days in a row with too high of protein (180+ or so) the same deal happens. I'm totally unbearable if I over od it on fiber and protein at the same time.

I have gas-x on hand, but sometimes that does not help. So, I stay just a little below my recommended daily on fiber.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I can't even do Fiber One bars, which sucks because they are so yummy! They make me extremely bloated.

Totally agree with this. Every time I eat them I bloat up so bad I hurt. So, I don't eat them anymore. :(

Same here they are so yummy but make me miserable!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have the problem.. it is the people who have to suffer around me that have the problem... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes!! I normal keep my fiber intake pretty high (about 27grams), and my water intake as well. Well, even just eating ONE of those darn FiberOne bars left me with horrible gas, bloating, and overall feeling like crap. It was so painful and uncomfortable!!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    A nutritionist once explained to me that there are two types of fibers, soluble and insoluble. She said that too much of one type can cause gas and all sorts of discomfort for some people. I think it really depends on the person which one bothers you more. Chicory root (inulin) is soluble fiber that is put into those marketed foods with all that extra fiber...they are just loaded with it. It's a recipe for a stomach ache. Try eating more insoluble fiber and see if that makes you feel any better! Here's a link to a page about the two different types of fiber and foods you can find them in.

http://www.healthcastle.com/fiber-solubleinsoluble.shtml
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yup. This is why I always take Fibre One bars on road trips.
    FIBER ONE BARS!!! EEEEGGGADDD!

How about Protein increases as well. I've been eating around 200g of protein and well I'm going to have to start wearing a warning light when I work out. Don't laugh you know deep squats will get you every time........hey listen its the elephant parade :) Smiles have a great day everyone!

LOL :laugh:
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    My husband calls Fiber One Bars, "Bars of Death" because they create such issues with his system, lol. I'm just as happy he doesn't eat them!
  • lanamilo
    lanamilo Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm glad the Fiber One Bars don't have that effect on me.

However, sugar alcohols do. The Atkins bars kill me!!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    At least when you are at the gym and the big bodybuilding looking guy blasts out noxious fumes while doing squats, we all know it's probably because of the massive amount of protein.