I'm new!

Options
kburns0709
kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
Hello! I'm sure nobody reads all of these but I decided if I'm going to finally be serious about losing weight I might as well try to get some support. My name's Katie and I'm probably about 50 pounds overweight, nothing ridiculous but still. I've been larger my whole life and like most people I'll do a couple weeks of a diet here and there. Right now I've been trying to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred just to get into shape. My major problems with weight loss are with food and motivation. I barely eat anything (it's embarrassing) so I have a really hard time finding diets that work for me. I also have a lot of trouble getting off the couch and doing my workout DVDs. I don''t know if this was the right kinda stuff to put on here, but I guess it's kind of an introduction to my situation. Thanks!

Replies

• dedewarren
    Options
    I'm new too....

We all have some issue with food and exercise or we wouldn't be here, right? You're like all of the rest of us; issues with both. No better time to find balance! Like everyone else here has said, track your food and exercise and you'll see results.

Good luck, you CAN do it!
  • suewongie
    suewongie Posts: 24
    Options
    welcome, you will get loads of support on here, feel free to add me as a friend. Good Luck.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'll believe you're serious when you fill out that profile, and get some friends to give you some support.
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You are heading in the right direction. We are all here to help out. Good luck with your journey!!! Add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome, I am new too and hope that tracking my exercise and food will help. Good Luck !
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If you use the food diary consistantly you will find that it is a big help. It has been for me. It will help you to make better decisions about what you eat. I'm a pretty picky eater myself and unfortunately I HATE vegetables, so it's challenging finding the right things to eat. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the place to be! What I like about this site is its like a weight-loss Facebook! I am a Facebook addict so this was a super great for me. Look over the posts in recipes and you will get some awesome ideas for foods.

If you have an iphone or android or blackberry theres a free app for this also. Thats what I use--it keeps me connected lol.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    PearlMarie_3gen_11484 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! Rodney, the reason I didn't fill anything out is because I got so excited I wanted to get started right away and did some yoga!!!!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Welcome...and give yourself some credit, you got on here didn't you? Yes You can do it...and this site is a great tool to use for motivation and inspiration...welcome and blessings