Hi everyone! Looking for a supportive community to help achieve some weight loss goals!

Options
amberjthomas
amberjthomas Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm Amber and I, like many of you, am embarking on a new adventure to get healthier by losing some extra pounds, eating better foods and exercising regularly. I recently lost 10lbs. I currently weigh 152lbs and want to get down to 120lbs. I am really looking to turn my unhealthier habits into some of the time and my healthier habits into most of the time.

I love this because we can actually track what we do, where we succeed and where we fall short. But I definitely do not want to get discouraged when I stumble on the way so I am looking for a community of positive, goal-oriented people that will help lift each other up. Please be my friend if you can both help and need help ❤️.

What are some of your challenges? What are some ways that would help you overcome those challenges? I want to hear from you! Good luck to everyone on our own adventures and let's do this together!

Replies

• runsandkisses
    runsandkisses Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber! I'm Shawn- I used to be a die-hard runner with 30+ 5ks and a few half marathons under my belt but I had a baby 2 years ago which resulted in a very complicated C-section and then knee surgery! I'm trying to lose about 40 lbs. I lost 50+ in the past with spinning classes but I don't have the time for that now. I suppose my challenges are time (I work full time and go to school full time too) and learning how my "new" body responds. I would love to be your friend and figure all this all out!
  • msdice
    msdice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, I'm Kristen. I would like to lose 70lbs. I'm a teacher and a mother of a fun one year old. I need to get off baby weight and the extra pounds I needed to before pregnancy. Time is a challenge. I am not a morning person, but I have been working out in the morning.i would love to be friends!
  • amberjthomas
    Options

Hi Amber! I'm Shawn- I used to be a die-hard runner with 30+ 5ks and a few half marathons under my belt but I had a baby 2 years ago which resulted in a very complicated C-section and then knee surgery! I'm trying to lose about 40 lbs. I lost 50+ in the past with spinning classes but I don't have the time for that now. I suppose my challenges are time (I work full time and go to school full time too) and learning how my "new" body responds. I would love to be your friend and figure all this all out!

Hi Shawn! Wow 30+ 5ks and losing 50lbs is amazing! You're my inspiration now!!!! I love to run myself and have completed 2 full marathons and a half marathon but now I was sweating a moderate walk so I have a ways to go. Thanks for being my friend because I really am inspired by you! Let's do this!
  • amberjthomas
    Options
    msdice wrote: »
    Hi Amber, I'm Kristen. I would like to lose 70lbs. I'm a teacher and a mother of a fun one year old. I need to get off baby weight and the extra pounds I needed to before pregnancy. Time is a challenge. I am not a morning person, but I have been working out in the morning.i would love to be friends!

Hi Kristen! Thank you for sharing your weight loss goals. I can see how time is a challenge being a mom and a teacher. I would love to be your friend. We both have some pretty ambitious weight loss goals which will take time and patience. Let's do as much as we can even if it's just a little tiny baby step and keep each other motivated along the way. It is very nice to meet you and I am happy we are on this weight loss adventure as friends!
  • mkkhoza1
    mkkhoza1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, MK here...43 years old, daddy to 4 boys (from 17 to 7) and husband of 1 :) A few years ago after a heart to heart with my doctor, I got my butt in gear and lost 30 pounds. I let myself go and gained probably 40-45. With both Diabetes and Hypertension both in my DNA lineage, I need to get healthy...I've been back on mfp for the last 3 weeks and have lost 6 pounds. I use Fitnessblender.com for exercise and do my best with tracking food...this part is definitely my weakness (eating in general). Anyhoo...I love to have some more motivated, positive friends to encourage and be encouraged. So there it is...please add me as a friend.
  • amberjthomas
    Options
    mkkhoza1 wrote: »
    Hi Amber, MK here...43 years old, daddy to 4 boys (from 17 to 7) and husband of 1 :) A few years ago after a heart to heart with my doctor, I got my butt in gear and lost 30 pounds. I let myself go and gained probably 40-45. With both Diabetes and Hypertension both in my DNA lineage, I need to get healthy...I've been back on mfp for the last 3 weeks and have lost 6 pounds. I use Fitnessblender.com for exercise and do my best with tracking food...this part is definitely my weakness (eating in general). Anyhoo...I love to have some more motivated, positive friends to encourage and be encouraged. So there it is...please add me as a friend.

Hi MK! Very nice to meet you and I am happy we can be friends on our journey for better health! Sometimes we don't realize how imperative it is to have a healthy lifestyle until we have a medical problem or a the doctor gets on us before we do have a medical problem. I have many family members with diabetes too and I have the worst sweet tooth so I really need to watch it! I appreciate having a friend like you to join in losing this weight and having a better life!
  • widow2013
    widow2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi...hows it goin? My name os Karen. So here it is...i started my weight loss "journey" on January 1st 2016. I unexpectedly became a widow just 6 days after our youngest was born on September 3rd 2013. His death consumed me. I just kinda gave up and went with the flow of being a mom and making sure my kids are fine and completely forgot about me myself and I....and to tell you the truth i just didn't even care about myself anymore. I was so depressed the only comfort i had was food...and trust me I ate. When I finally decided to do something about my health i was at a whopping 315lbs! Oh my freaking god! How could I have gotten so big? I'm only 5' tall! Well...17 months later...i am down 118lbs and I only have about 55-60 to go. There have been ups and downs but I accept it all. I know I'm not perfect but the main thing is I'm not giving up. I don't have any friends on here and that would be awesome if I could have some support and maybe even support others! Anyway i am cheering on everyone on here because this is a step closer to our goals!
  • amberjthomas
    Options
    widow2013 wrote: »
    Hi...hows it goin? My name os Karen. So here it is...i started my weight loss "journey" on January 1st 2016. I unexpectedly became a widow just 6 days after our youngest was born on September 3rd 2013. His death consumed me. I just kinda gave up and went with the flow of being a mom and making sure my kids are fine and completely forgot about me myself and I....and to tell you the truth i just didn't even care about myself anymore. I was so depressed the only comfort i had was food...and trust me I ate. When I finally decided to do something about my health i was at a whopping 315lbs! Oh my freaking god! How could I have gotten so big? I'm only 5' tall! Well...17 months later...i am down 118lbs and I only have about 55-60 to go. There have been ups and downs but I accept it all. I know I'm not perfect but the main thing is I'm not giving up. I don't have any friends on here and that would be awesome if I could have some support and maybe even support others! Anyway i am cheering on everyone on here because this is a step closer to our goals!

Hi Karen! It looks like my first reply didn't post. I am super impressed you are able to pick yourself up and become so successful after everything you have been through! I am super excited we are friends! Please share what you have done and are doing to be so successful losing your weight. I feel like you are someone who is able to accomplish anything you set your mind to. Thank you for being my new friend and let's crush our goals!!!