snacks?

Options
Hello!

I am a teacher and never have time to eat during the day. I want to be able to grab a QUICK snack to keep my metabolism up. Any ideas for some healthy, simple, things i can eat throughout the day? Im not a huge fan of peanuts/cashews.

thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cmmoreland
    Options
    Hello!

I am a teacher and never have time to eat during the day. I want to be able to grab a QUICK snack to keep my metabolism up. Any ideas for some healthy, simple, things i can eat throughout the day? Im not a huge fan of peanuts/cashews.

thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    fruits, veggies in baggies, carrots, trail mixes, granola bars, 100 cal packs
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My mid-day snack is a V8 (5.5oz can) and a string cheese.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love nature valley granola bars! Tey're about 200 ca;s and actually fill me up.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like the special K meal replacement bars - peanut butter is my favorite. I have 1 for breakfast and have started having 1 for my pm snack.

Otherwise I have string cheese/pretzles for am snack, fruit, veggies, sometimes dry cereal to snack on.

PS - I teach Kindergarten so I just eat my snack when they eat their snack :happy:
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I discovered THE BEST YOGURT IN THE WORLD this weekend. It's Yoplait Light Pineapple Upside Down Cake (approx 105 cal). WOW is it good. I usually add some grapenut cereal to my yogurt for fiber and a little more umph to fill me up.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    For being a teach and not having time during the day to eat...you should probably have a slim fast shake on ice that you can take little sips off of during the day. Maybe freeze it in a to-go cup and let it melt and stay cold all day and drink it slowly. OR...a meal replacement bar you can take bites of all day.

If you aren't eating during the day...you really should try to make your "snacks" more nutritous.
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I like popcorn and sugar free jello.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I discovered THE BEST YOGURT IN THE WORLD this weekend. It's Yoplait Light Pineapple Upside Down Cake (approx 105 cal). WOW is it good. I usually add some grapenut cereal to my yogurt for fiber and a little more umph to fill me up.

This really is the best yogurt in the world. I prefer it to eating ice cream. It's like dessert. YUMMY!!!

I'm a teacher too, and I have almonds in my desk, special K bars, I bring pieces of fruit, Bananas last a pretty long time, so do apples.
    Baby carrots, reduced fat wheat thins, the trick is to package up in ziplocks on the weekend and then you can just grab whatever strikes your fancy that day.
  • LauraLane42
    LauraLane42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Bagles, I can eat them wtihout anything even on them and feel very full. Yogart, Fat free chocolate pudding,and oranges are also great staples for me.

135308.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    A nice piece of fruit (orange or apple), a container of yoplait light fat free yogurt, string cheese (light), the vita muffins are really good too and only 100 calories!! Also, fill up on that water and stay hydrated!! Most important thing!!

109912.png
  • LeahNicRN
    Options
    You should try YoCrunch Light by Breyers- they have peach, strawberry with granola; and vanilla with oreos (all 120 cals). :)
  • Princessme25
    Options
    :smile: Try almonds, apple slices (you can get the kind from trader joes that are presliced and dont turn brown and keep them at your desk) , carrots, yogurt
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    Whatever snacks you choose, try to include a small serving of protein and fiber w/ it. Some ideas:small apple w/ 1Tbsp almond butter, lowfat string cheese w/ baby carrots, hard boiled egg white w/ slices of red or green pepper, low fat yogurt w/ a banana, etc. Maybe keep a small fruit bowl on your desk and some high fiber dry cereal that you pack in individual servings at home in your desk drawer to munch on if you can't get out of the classroom. Or, a healthy granola bar choice(All Bran, Fiber One, Kashi, South Beach Diet brands) to have w/ a small fruit. Drink lots of water too!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello, Hummus & Veggies or Crackers, Yogurt, or Quaker Mini Delights..they are like mini rice cakes drizzled with caramel or chocolate.
  • Stacy73
    Options
    To boost my metabolism I drink an 8oz herbalife tea in the morning before getting ready for work then right around lunch time I have a second ... I'm a nurse so along with you I don't really have time to sit and enjoy a meal so I just snack during the day ... my snacks consist of usually string cheese, an apple with peanut butter, or raw vegetables with lite ranch dressing.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Most pickles have 0 calories! Try a slice of turkey meat rolled up with a pickle slice and mustard inside...sounds weird, but is tasty and has the pickle "crunch!" Or, dip red pepper wedges in tuna for a healthy snack with plenty of protein and vitamin C (I read that red bell peppers have 10 times the vitamin C of an orange!!!). Follow either with a small glass of skim milk for a filling calcium boost!