homemade food calorie counting...

Options
Apryl546
Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
Does anyone have any idea if there is a website out there that can count the amount of calories would be in a homemade dish if you added all the ingredients online?

We've been doing a lot of homemade food lately and I always have to take a wild guess when it comes to the food tracker on here. I want something that's more.. Close. You know?

Replies

• svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Bump!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe facility on here to log the ingredients and portions and then it works out the calories for me :)
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Recipes function?
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You can create a recipe on here. When you're in the "Food" tab, click recipes, then add a new recipe.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Not that I know of. I just do it manually on excel, then enter the foods into my tracker. If it's a dish I make often, I save it as my meal.
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    You can enter it under My Meals or Recipes in the food tab in MFP. Adding a recipe allows you to add all the ingredients & save it, then you can add it to your diary.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Create a recipe! I have tons of them in mine.... everything I make often, I put in there and it works great.
    You can also choose whether or not to make them public.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe facility on here to log the ingredients and portions and then it works out the calories for me :)

Ditto
  • Apryl546
    Options
    Oh! I didn't know about that feature.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    *bump
  • Apryl546
    Options
    The thing I found the hardest was trying to figure out the serving size for the entire dinner.. x_x
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Same here on the serving size.

I usually guess the number of servings based on the main ingredient. For example, if its a meat-based dish, I go with the serving given for the meat. Not sure of that makes sense or not.