10 pound weight gain in a week and a half?!?!

Options
Jbugay15
Jbugay15 Posts: 1 Member
I lost about 56 pounds. Last week I weighed myself and I was 133 and weighed myself again and the scale reads 143!!! I quit vaping/nicotine almost 2 weeks ago but made sure I was maintaining my calorie goal and not over eating. Is it possible this is just water weight? I also thought maybe it was my Mirena that I had inserted 3 months ago. What else could it be?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds of water is alot. Ten pounds of fat in a week and half is also a lot. Unless you were me on vacation and consumed 10k a day in alcohol only, then it's totally possible.
    Don't freak out. Keep going and see what happens in a few days.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Just a few things that pop to mind:
    • If you have an electronic scale, when did you last change the batteries?
    • Were the factors related to your weighing consistant - Clothes, time of day?
    • Did you weigh on the same scale?
  • schtump
    schtump Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds is a lot in a week even if you were trying to put on weight. I'd guess you are having technical issues somewhere.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Technical difficulties with your devices, you weighed on someone else's scale?

Doctor visit may be warranted if this does not even back out perhaps in 5-7 days.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You are most likely fine. Aside from the scale, how are clothes fitting? Have you taken measurements and compared the before and after? Have you changed your exercise routine? Added creatine to your diet? Started lifting or strength training? There are several factors that affect the scale.

Personally, I would just cuss out the scale, call it a liar, keep logging and, if it were me, go for a walk still cussing the lying scale. Then I would keep an eye on things over the next several days to see how it was going.

Give it a little while to see if the scale goes down.

Also, as stated above, it might be a difference in the time of day and factors surrounding when you weighed this last time and time before. The batteries on your scale may be going dead or you just changed them. Either way, clothes fitting and measurements are better indicators than the scale.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My calcium channel blocker can make me retain water like a son of a gun if I'm not careful but even then it's only been 5-6lbs. Maybe talk with your Dr.'s nurse and see if they have advice.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Also was, your scale within; the same space &'re you certain that, there were no debris under it so; that it was level? I've specific tiles upon, my bathroom floor that; I align my scale to because a difference of, just a few inches'll result in; several pounds plus or minus & that includes, anything under it as well I; never use it upon a bathmat/carpet & I ensure that the floor's clean since, even sand debris via shoes' enough; to imbalance it!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Come back and post again and I'll tell you the answer.