how much is your electric bill usually?

Options

Replies

• Oliver_Cat_13
    Oliver_Cat_13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a 931 sq foot apartment. My electric bill is anywhere between $35-65 depending on whether I leave the windows open or run the air/heat.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Electric was $68 last month for a 1400 sq foot duplex, of that $24 was actual electricity costs and the rest was administration and distribution fees
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine was 160$ this month I am staring to think it is the dryer I have in my laundry room.

you have a dryer in your laundry room? daz wassup!

You made me laugh
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Electric was $68 last month for a 1400 sq foot duplex, of that $24 was actual electricity costs and the rest was administration and distribution fees

seriously the admin/distribution fees are the worst

my water bill is the same way - the actual water is less than $20, but when they factor in the admin, and the Chesapeake Bay initiative, it drives it up to $50+
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

my water bill is the same way - the actual water is less than $20, but when they factor in the admin, and the Chesapeake Bay initiative, it drives it up to $50+

We use to live in a small rural town and our water was 70 or more. It sucked since my husband and I barely even used any water. We moved and now it is 14 dollars a month.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

We use to live in a small rural town and our water was 70 or more. It sucked since my husband and I barely even used any water. We moved and now it is 14 dollars a month.

I believe the whole state is like that for us - because of mandatory fees - its ridiculous
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My electric bill can get up to $350 during the hottest months of summer. During the winter the lowest it has been is $40.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Our last monthly electric bill was $173.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Zero, I'm off grid.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Between $140.00 and $350.00 a month. Dependant on the season and the the temperatures that season. This winter was pretty mild so my bill averaged around $180.00 a month.

Similar for Arizona. Winters are nothing and bills run around $125 for electricity. Summer time though we hit the $500 mark in July/August and average bills are over $400.

yeah, this.

in the Summer I like the thermostat set at 69 degrees; my wife keeps it set at about 1000 degrees
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    $60 - $450 usually. Much higher in the summer than the winter, living in a desert and all. Three bedroom house with cathedral ceilings (I regret this decision now, good thing we're leaving).

I just had to learn to suck it up and deal without the heater and the A/C as much as I used to. Not so bad once I adapted.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Mine averaged $11 a month the previous 12 months.

I live in a small apartment. I travel several days a month. I don't have A/C. I live in a warmer climate so use my electric heat about 1 month out of the year. My state gives a fairly generous rebate to those who have low electric usage and I qualify. I had to pay a bill 5 months out of last year; the other 7 months were covered by the rebate.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    in the Summer I like the thermostat set at 69 degrees; my wife keeps it set at about 1000 degrees

Do you really set it around 70? that would be $1000+ a month bill for me!

• KosmosKitten
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Do you really set it around 70? that would be $1000+ a month bill for me!

Ditto here.. and my house isn't even that large. I think 78 is what I set it at in the summer. Still hot, but bearable most days.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    2300 sq ft house in a relatively warm region (think 2-week+ streaks of 100 degree days in the summer). Highest bill last year was $246. Lowest was $72 (gas heat). We're not particularly energy-conscious (ie, my spouse wants to stay comfortable no matter what, and if that means turning on the AC in February, he'll do it! :lol: )
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ditto here.. and my house isn't even that large. I think 78 is what I set it at in the summer. Still hot, but bearable most days.

My house is 4200 square foot and I have automated thermostats for the two units (upstairs and downstairs). During the summer the house is around 82 during the day when no one is home, around 78 mornings and evening, but 75 at night for sleeping 8p to 7am.

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    how do you guys live at that temp? my thermostat stays on 68 all year long

Same here!
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    400 a month
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    how do you guys live at that temp? my thermostat stays on 68 all year long

Necessity, I guess?

Honestly, I'm the only one who works from home, so I'm here all day and get quite cold. It seriously gets below 70 and I go and put on a jacket or long sleeve shirt, lol.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    120 for an itty bitty 2 bedroom in nyc