cloth size

Options
Does anyone typically how many pounds it takes to drop a size?

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Does anyone typically how many pounds it takes to drop a size?
  • greenbean
    greenbean Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is 10 pounds.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    or one to two inches (depending on the brand).
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh good! If I lose 2 more pounds I should be able to buy smaller jeans. :happy:
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    I've dropped 10lbs but have not yet gone down a dress size. I guess it depends on where you loose it from and where you tone up most.

I've only lost 2 inches from my waist, and although my UK size 12s are easier to get on, I still cannot comfortably wear them, they are way to tight! Maybe a couple of pounds more and I'll be laughing.

It varies person to person I think.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    If your fat is evenly distributed, like mine, you may not go down a size after 10 lbs. I lost 1" on my waist, but stayed the same on my hips, thighs, and calves. My jeans are a little looser, but not enough to go to the smaller ones in the closet. I think I lose most of it around my ribs - my bras look better - and the back boobs are smaller.

I think most people will go down a size though.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I had read that one sizie is in the 7 - 9lb range. Of course depending on the person.
  • bricker06
    Options
    when i was at weight watchers they said 10% wieght loss will equal about 2 sizes smaller. i started at 270 im at 247 just 4 pounds from my 10% and i am down 2 sizes. so if you started at 180 18 pounds should bring you down. hope this helps.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oh well. I don't think I can fit into a size 16 yet (I wear a size 18 right now) but I'm going to Wally World this weekend and try a pair on anyway. I've lost 8 1/2 pounds.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I definitely think is depends on the person. I have big legs and even though I have noticed that my pants are not as snug, I could not go down in a size. I think I lose my weight in my stomach and up before I start seeing it in my legs.