Where're the vegans at?

Options
gueseak
gueseak Posts: 7 Member
Hello!

Would like a suggestion for vegan protein powder.

Reading reviews is getting me nowhere. Thinking about Myprotein vegan blend.

I usually eat around 180g of protein a day. I would like something I can blend with ice and water and sometimes a banana.

Any ideas?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    They're probably all in the vegan group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I like Vega (I usually get the Clean Protein version). Some people think it has a chalky taste, but I don't have a problem with it.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I got Orgain vanilla now, i blend it with smoothies, green smoothies or fruit smoothies, really good!
  • lovemakeuphair
    lovemakeuphair Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the vega mocha flavor
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Vega Coconut!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    A lot of brands sell individual packets. Do you have a health food store near you? Or maybe Amazon. Whole Foods sells a number of brands in packets as well. My health food store also gave me some samples when I asked.

They are a couple of bucks each but I highly recommend trying a few if you can. Protein powder can vary greatly by brand-and in my experience vegan options were even worse, ie the bad ones were REALLY BAD. I personally like "satis fast" and thought Vega was disgusting.
  • gueseak
    gueseak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually use USN Vanilla which tastes good to but not vegan.
    I would prefer to get samples because I know I am a bit fussy how it tastes.
    I remember use hemp protein for a while but I just got sick of the flavour and all the extra stuff I had to add just to make it tolerable.