Weight loss problem

Options
Hey everyone
My name is shari and I am struggling really bad to lose weight. I am 23 years old and my wedding is in 6 months. I weigh 170 pounds and my goal is to get to 135 pounds before my wedding. I workout 5-6 days a week which includes cardio, krissy celas workout plan and bbg guide. I weighed 140 lasted around September but due to applyingfor grad school and getting rejections I gained weight. From fitness pal my calorie intake should be 1700 and I'm trying my best to keep it at that level.
Can anyone please help me out on what I should do? I have been working out since February continuously and I haven't dropped a single pound. I got 3 blood tests done already and everything is normal.

I need help please

Replies

• ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lowering your calories? Did you put in your exact height and weight and your goal to determine calories per day? 1700 seems a little high to me for a woman trying to be in a calorie deficit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are eater fewer calories in a day than your body uses. A good tool to help with that is a food scale. Get a digital scale that weighs in grams. Weigh everything, log everything, and stay within your calorie goal this website gave you.

Good luck.
  • ballster_7
    ballster_7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey I did.
    Maybe I need to lower my activity level from very active to active?
    What's the difference?
    Also what do you think my calorie intake should be?
  • ScottishRob1
    ScottishRob1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I weigh 232 and am trying to drop below 200. I am 5' 11" male and my calorie intake is set at 1700. Sometimes the calories "burned" that are added to your calorie count each day are not accurate. I try and stay around 1700 whether or not I work out. Not sure if that is the best plan but it is working for me. I have lost 37 pounds in 4 months just counting calories, eating better foods, and only occasional exercise. Good Luck!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ballster_7 wrote: »
    Hey I did.
    What's the difference?

The activity level doesn't include exercise, so unless you have a job where you're running around all day I would definitely lower it. So if you have a desk job or just go to school full-time, you'd be considered sedentary.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey I did.
    What's the difference?

Do you have it set to that and then logging your exercise? If you are, you're double dipping calories as I assume you set to very active based on working out 5-6 days per week.

The higher your activity level setting is, the higher your calorie goals are going to be to account for that activity...you're not losing so you could have it set too high...you could be using erroneous database entries for food which could lead to eating more than you think you are...same for eyeballing portions, etc...my guess would be a combination of having your activity level set too high along with logging errors...

If you're not losing and you're maintaining weight, you're eating maintenance.
  • ballster_7
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week and burn about 600 calories when I work out. I don't log my exercise in. So should I lower my activity?
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just a thought - How tall are you? For example, at 5'11 - 170 is at the upper end of normal weight and 135 is at the low end, so for me, losing that weight would be a very slow process, .5/week which can be masked by water weight & TOM. It seems that I barely lose weight but over the course a several months it is apparent that weight loss has occurred
  • ballster_7
    Options
    My height is 5'5, 170pounds and 23 years old
  • ballster_7
    Options
    esnider211 wrote: »
    Just a thought - How tall are you? For example, at 5'11 - 170 is at the upper end of normal weight and 135 is at the low end, so for me, losing that weight would be a very slow process, .5/week which can be masked by water weight & TOM. It seems that I barely lose weight but over the course a several months it is apparent that weight loss has occurred
    I weigh 170 and my height is 5'5 and I am 23 years old
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are eating at what you think is 1700 and you haven't lost weight (assuming you haven't gained?) then that is your maintenance amount. Drop 300 calories and do that for a month.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    How accurate and honest is your food log? Your food diary is not open so we can't see what you're logging.

To be most accurate, you weigh food with a food scale and log it in grams. Logging 1 banana as 122 grams for example, instead of 'medium banana' because you don't know how a 'medium banana' compares to what you ate. Using accurate database entries, entering your own recipes/foods.

Honesty means logging everything. Not logging some meals or some days, and not having a bite of this or half of that without tracking it. Because those calories add up.

You should be able to lose weight by eating 1400-1600 per day. But it takes accuracy & honesty as I mentioned, and patience. At 170 now, it would be realistic to aim for about .75-1.5 pounds per week in weight loss.

IF you've been at this for 3 months and have not yet lost any weight, then your food logging is bound to be off. Get a food scale, use it as much as possible.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
    My name is shari and I am struggling really bad to lose weight. I am 23 years old and my wedding is in 6 months. I weigh 170 pounds and my goal is to get to 135 pounds before my wedding. I workout 5-6 days a week which includes cardio, krissy celas workout plan and bbg guide. I weighed 140 lasted around September but due to applyingfor grad school and getting rejections I gained weight. From fitness pal my calorie intake should be 1700 and I'm trying my best to keep it at that level.
    Can anyone please help me out on what I should do? I have been working out since February continuously and I haven't dropped a single pound. I got 3 blood tests done already and everything is normal.

I need help please

You have been working out since February but for how long have you been accurately counting calories and logging them and eating 1700 per day?
  • ballster_7
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Hey everyone

I need help please

You have been working out since February but for how long have you been accurately counting calories and logging them and eating 1700 per day?

I was using Argus app for the first 3 month with 1700 calories accurately and 1 month of fitness pal and I scan everything I eat
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I need help please

I was using Argus app for the first 3 month with 1700 calories accurately and 1 month of fitness pal and I scan everything I eat

How are you measuring your food? I understand that you're using the bar code scanner, but are you using a food scale, measuring cups/spoons, or eyeballing the amounts?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week and burn about 600 calories when I work out. I don't log my exercise in. So should I lower my activity?

Lower your activity level to reflect your job. Then log exercise, but only eat back 50% of the calories. MFP is designed for you to eat back 100% of exercise calories, but the calorie burn estimates can be generous.

Then after a few weeks - you may adjust this % up or down based on actual results.

Measure all your foods as accurately as possible. A digital food scale is a great investment. Double check your database selections. There are many flat out wrong entries.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    It looks like a lot of people hit up on diet and food choices...so switch up that training and get some intensity in there. I love HIIT training because it's been really effective for weight loss, strength gains, and fitness. Get more water and you may need to get some sleep. Don't underestimate the power of rest!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I need help please

Eat less. Drop your calories to 1600 per day. That's 1600 eaten, not 1600 net.
  • ballster_7
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

I just changed it to public.