i need to know this..

Options
is this too much fruit in one day: 1 banana, 5 large strawberries, and 1 apple.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How many calories is it? How many calories are you supposed to eat in one day? Do you like that much fruit?
  • syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How many calories is it? How many calories are you supposed to eat in one day? Do you like that much fruit?
    1200 calories
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Does it fit within your calorie allowance for the day? Does it keep you full and happy?
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some kind of condition that requires you to limit sugar, that doesn't seem like a lot of fruit. The question is, does eating fruit fill you up and keep you full? Since you are on a 1200 calorie diet, you probably need to make sure to choose foods that keep you full for minimal calories.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't like fruit, so it's too much. If you really like fruit then it probably isn't enough.
  • HealthyFit23
    HealthyFit23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you break it down by carbs and sugar, 56.5 carbs, 8.4 fiber. Net carbs is 48.1. The sugar is 33.6. Are you losing eating the fruit? Does the sugar make you crave more sugar?
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your day then it's no too much. I have planned in 70g of blueberries, 70g of strawberries and a nectarine for tomorrow. I love fruit and eat 2-3 servings a day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Too much for what?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    syousaf571 wrote: »

I'd put some blueberries in there to myself.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Probably not for most people.
    Too much fruit for what purpose? For weight loss calories are what is important not type of food.
    Are you using your calories on fruit and not able to get enough protein?
    Do you have a medical condition where you need to limit your sugar intake? Do you need a low fiber diet?
  • syousaf571
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Too much for what?

too much for one day
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Only you can decide if it's too much @syousaf571, you know your calorie goal, your micro nutrient goal and your macro goal.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    No :blush:
  • syousaf571
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Oh my goodness. Only you can decide if it's too much @syousaf571, you know your calorie goal, your micro nutrient goal and your macro goal.

Well true but I just wanna know if I'm doing too much with the fruit intake lmfao
  • syousaf571
    Options
    Too much for what?

too much for one day

Fats
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat and protein? If not, you're probably spending too many calories on fruit...
  • RobBasss
    RobBasss Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If your doing low carb yes, otherwise if your keeping under your daily goal then no, especially if they keep you away from sugary bad snacks.