Eat At Home Open Challenge - Starts Sun Jul 24!

Options

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this one if you do it another week!!! (I have a free coupon expiring Tuesday and am out of town Fri/Sat) but we usually hardly ever eat out and I've seen us increasing that this summer, I want to cut back starting next Sunday...definately count me in if you do it again!
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OK SO TODAY WASNT BAD AT ALL BUTTHE WEEKDAY IS GOING TO BE HARD...LETS SEE HOW IT GOES

8836137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Try to stay strong at work everyone! Here is a tip that has helped me out a TON throughout my journey...

If you find yourself out and about without any food and you are tempted to stop at a restaurant or a drive thru... stop at a grocery store instead... I've often bought a single apple or a couple of bananas or even a single serving cheese stick or some nuts to hold me over until I could get home for a full meal... if you have time for a drive thru- you have time to do this instead... but try, at all costs, to plan ahead so you aren't stuck an vulnerable. I try to keep a protein bar in my purse, along with a bottle of water, at all times!

So another thing I struggle with is late night eating/binging. It is a nightly struggle for me and I'm part of another accountability thread... I made cookies with 2 of my kids today and managed to eat 2 earlier (worked into my calories) and have stayed away from them the rest of the night (even though I am constantly thinking of them). Victory!

Mbeach- incredible job at the movies!!! That's willpower!

Sunny- let us know how tomorrow goes at work- I know it will be tough, but you can do it!!!

Today is my 285th day in row (been here longer though) so I'm going to celebrate by having my usual oatmeal for breakfast... lol I will be making my kids some blueberry pancakes & bacon though... I'm just addicted to oatmeal.

Thinking lunch will be leftovers or sandwich of some sort and some spicy sweet potato fries that I picked up to try (although I usually make them from scratch- we'll see how these are).

Dinner tentatively will be a grilled pork loin and steamed veggies.
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    Forgot to log Sunday:
    Breakfast: english muffin w/ nutella & banana
    Lunch: pasta salad
    Dinner: Louisiana catfish w/ okra & corn, brown rice, & chocolate birthday cake*
    *my daughter's birthday was yesterday and life is too short to miss birthday cake :laugh:

Monday
    Breakfast: Pure Protein shake, dannon lite & fit yogurt
    Lunch: turkey & cheese panini, pringles multigrain chips
    Dinner: BBQ tofu burgers (something new), sweet potatoe fries, salad
    snack: cherries, plum

I get a lot of my meal recipes from eatingwell.com. They have a wide variety of healthy, low sodium dishes that have surprised me with lots of flavor.
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Breakfast was oatmeal & a nectarine.

Had to run out for a job interview so I ate a protein bar on the way for a snack.

When I got home my 5 year old made me a PB & J sandwich and some baked Lay's with carrot sticks.

About to go to the gym (will have another protein bar or a shake) and dinner is still going to be grilled pork tenderloin with veggies.

Hope everyone made it through their first work week lunch unscathed!!!
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    SO FAR SO GOOD
    BREAKFAST I HAD FIBER ONE CERAL
    LUNCH TURKEY SANDWHICH
    SNACK GREEK YOGURT WITH GRANOLA
    DINNER IS GOING TO BE GRILLED FISH W/BROWN RICE
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today was another success, but only by the skin of my teeth! I hurt my back pretty bad today and all I wanted to do was just order a pizza for the kids and me, but I didn't!
    Breakfast was steel cut oats, lunch was a spinach salad, and dinner was a lean cuisine though I had a cuban pork loin planned.
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    Damn I forgot my lunch at home
  • mbeach1977
    Options

So what did you do?
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Managed another day! Didn't much in the way of cooking really as my back is still healing but I again won the war in my head of ordering out.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did just okay today. I didn't order out (which was a success), but I couldn't bring myself to cook what I had planned for dinner (shrimp, mixed veggies, and brown rice). It was a simple enough meal, but I just didn't feel like multiple pots and pans. So instead I had grilled cheese and a salad.... tomorrow is a new day!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Felt ravenous today but managed to squeak by calories wise... food choices were carb heavy (sandwiches, popcorn, ice cream, pasta) but that's what I was in the mood for so I went with it.

Tomorrow is a new day and I hope it is one that doesn't include this headache I currently have!
  • SUNNY613
    Options

So what did you do?

i had a sandwhich at work
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Good grief... not even gonna lie... had Subway for dinner. Tomorrow is a new day. Still Starbucks free and there was one right in my face at Target tonight too. I plan to do better tomorrow- kinda disappointed in myself since I started this challenge!!! lol Sorry you guys!
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Another successful day! It helps that I haven't left the house the last couple days, LOL.
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    ok so i did much better then yesterday...breakfast peanut butter and banana sandwhich...lunch turkey sandwhich with some carots...dinner home made wheat pizza...snacks red grapes and a fiber one bar
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Day is going splendid so far! I avoided the Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast, baked cookies for my kids and only had 1/2 of one...

Oatmeal w/ blueberries for breakfast

2 egg whites, coffee, and 1/2 the cookie for morning snack

A chicken tenderloin and baby carrots for lunch

Afternoon snack, Dinner, and Evening Snacks are left! Woot!
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I am doing so good! I am so proud of myself. We went to Sam's club to pick up a few things and "normally" we end up eating lunch there. Most of the time, I don't eat but I let my kids eat there. The last time we went there (Tue) I was able to convince them that we were going to eat lunch at home. Yay! Me!

And tonight was the night hubby got home from out of town trip. I wanted to make it extra special. I was able to whip up a very good and healthy meal. And had frozen yogurt too.

Dinner:
    1/2 c Homemade bread crumbs
    1/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1/4 C Italian Cheese mix (it was the only open packaged cheese I had)
    1 t dried basil
    1/2 t garlic salt with parsley
    more garlic powder
    pepper

Mix everything above and put it in a bowl.

4 pcs, Tilapia fillets

Coat fish with breadcrumbs mixture. Spray baking pan with PAM spray and arrange fish in it. Sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumbs mixture on top of the fish. Bake 400 for 30 mins ( I used toaster oven)

Serves: Daddy 2 pcs, Mommy 1 pc, Twin 1 Half pc, Twin 2 the other half.
    Full serving: 178 calories; carbs 3; fat 6; protein 28; sodium 428.

Side:
    zucchini
    roma tomatoes
    onions
    garlic
    pepper
    frozen broccoli & cauliflower

all sauteed or stir fried.

Breakfast:
    Wheat toast with .5 tsp butter sprinkled with cinnamon
    Coffee

Lunch: whatever side I had for lunch topped with baked turkey bacon pieces.

My son started eating his veggies, that is a super accomplishment for me.
    And I learned that I can trick my tongue: cinnamon instead of sugar and garlic and/or parsley instead of a whole bunch of salt.

I started making banana desserts ice cream too. yummo.
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    today was good

breakfast coffee and a fiber muffin(i made them at home)
    lunch 1 cup grapes and 2 cups of straberries
    dinner pasta and meatballs
    snacks had 2 different bars
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Day finished out a success! Crispy oven "fried" fish, squash/zucchini/onions, and a huge salad for dinner. Got in a great upper body workout w/ a little cardio (burned 533 cals) tonight too. On to tomorrow!!!