5 ft 2 and exercising!!!

Hi all I'm just wanting advice from other people a similar height I'm working out at the gym about 4 times a week how much calories should I be having a day roughly? Thank you

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Just enter your info into MFP and it will give you the correct calorie goal for you
  • missnaynay
    missnaynay Posts: 28 Member
    I have done I've set it to lightly active and I'm eating my exercise calories back but I'm always hungry it's saying my calorie goal is 1390 a day
  • JLASilver
    JLASilver Posts: 22 Member
    I'm 5'2" lightly active, just bummed myself up to 1lb rate a week so I'm at 1400 calories. I was shooting for 1200 calories a day for 4 months. I work out 4-5 days a week for ~ an hour. I do a lot of classes with a focus on indoor cycling, barre, and circuit training. I enjoy lifting, I hate cardio but I force myself to get it done and feel really good afterwards. I eat back my excercise calories, I aim for half but often do closer to 90%. I love every, delicious excercise calorie I earned.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    I'm 5'2, sedentary, and eat 1270 + exercise calories which lead to a total of around 1400-1600 by the end of the day usually. I find eating a lot of protein really helps.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    I'm 5'2". I have a Fitbit which tells me I burn about 2100 cals/day (I do a lot of walking and am on my feet all day at work), which MFP considers active. I therefore eat 1600 cals/day to lose 1lb/week.

It would be more helpful if you gave us some stats like height, weight, age, and weight loss goals.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    missnaynay wrote: »
    I have done I've set it to lightly active and I'm eating my exercise calories back but I'm always hungry it's saying my calorie goal is 1390 a day

how are you doing on your weight goals? maybe its too aggressive of a calorie for your current weight/goal
  • missnaynay
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    I'm 5'2". I have a Fitbit which tells me I burn about 2100 cals/day (I do a lot of walking and am on my feet all day at work), which MFP considers active. I therefore eat 1600 cals/day to lose 1lb/week.

It would be more helpful if you gave us some stats like height, weight, age, and weight loss goals.

Hi thanks for your reply I am currently 182lbs, 5 ft 2 and I'm 25. I want to lose 4 stone. I don't seem to be losing much a week
  • missnaynay
    missnaynay wrote: »

how are you doing on your weight goals? maybe its too aggressive of a calorie for your current weight/goal

I have 4 stone to lose and the losses are up and down each week anything from 0.5-1lb :(
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    there is nothing wrong with losing .5-1lb a week...slow and steady wins the race
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    a healthy weight loss goal is half a pound to a pound a week. The loss is easier to sustain. I kind of watch what the calories say on here but I am striving to make healthier, more nutritious choices and if I get hungry I eat.
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    I'm 5'2" and currently 132 pounds but I started at 162. My calorie goal a day is 1250 and I don't tend to eat back exercise calories since I literally forget. I do zumba a couple times a week and weight loss has inspired me to become an instructor so it'll probably be more very soon!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    5'-2" Current Weight - 237lbs

I eat 1400-1500 cals per day. I exercise anywhere from 1-7 days a week doing cardio & heavy strength training.

I try to eat what would be my maintenance calories at my goal weight (~1500 for 135lbs/sedentary). For me this gives me peace of mind that 'yes I can do this forever'.

I will be changing jobs in the next few weeks from a desk job to out field more physically sensuous job. I am fairly certain I will have to increase my calories for this new life. (Yep. "Lightly Active" puts 135lbs at 1750cals - So, after a few weeks of gauging my activity level I will probably start to increase my intake +100 cals/day each week.)

I don't normally eat back exercise calories just because nothing seems to be accurate in tracking burns, so just trying to eat around the same level everyday works for me. (I have the UA Band, I use for tracking - I think getting the chest strap may help for better readings.)

Exercise for fitness. Eat for weight loss.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    I'm just under 5' and have a 1200 calorie goal. I also do cardio 5x per week, usually 30-45 mins each day. I have a desk job so I don't get much exercise in during the day. My current weight is 177, goal weight is 130-ish.
  • missnaynay
    How much is your daily calorie goal after exercising?and how much are you losing per week ?
  • missnaynay
    Jenn_W wrote: »
    5'-2" Current Weight - 237lbs

I eat 1400-1500 cals per day. I exercise anywhere from 1-7 days a week doing cardio & heavy strength training.

I try to eat what would be my maintenance calories at my goal weight (~1500 for 135lbs/sedentary). For me this gives me peace of mind that 'yes I can do this forever'.

I will be changing jobs in the next few weeks from a desk job to out field more physically sensuous job. I am fairly certain I will have to increase my calories for this new life. (Yep. "Lightly Active" puts 135lbs at 1750cals - So, after a few weeks of gauging my activity level I will probably start to increase my intake +100 cals/day each week.)

I don't normally eat back exercise calories just because nothing seems to be accurate in tracking burns, so just trying to eat around the same level everyday works for me. (I have the UA Band, I use for tracking - I think getting the chest strap may help for better readings.)

Exercise for fitness. Eat for weight loss.

Thanks I've added you as a friend
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Try eating different kinds of foods that may help keep you feeling fuller. Protein and fat are satiating.

Or, try eating more volume so it feels like more food. Double the lettuce in your salad, try cauliflower rice instead of rice, add more eggwhites to your eggs, etc.