Why am I here -

Options
Hell-o -

My name is Marty and I live in San Antonio, TX - At one time, San Antonio was accused of being the most overweight city in the country and I was part of that statistic.
I am a 61 year old that has spent the last 35 years riding a desk. I am 5'3". My exercise pattern was and still is abominable.
Last year, I went on a vacation with my mother and sister. A picture of the three of us revealed two very large women and an extremely tiny older woman. My sister clocked in at 250, I was running 169.9 (I refuse to acknowledge 170), and our mother was fighting to top 105. That was my wake-up call.
I started dieting in August 2016 and by January 2017 I was down to 145 lbs. It has taken me until now to get down to 140 and I still have 10 more lbs to go.
I will be retiring from my second career in a few months and I do not want to regain all that I have worked to lose.
I am hoping that by connecting with people of my age that are working on losing/maintaining a loss that I would be able to get some moral support to encourage me to finish my goal.
There are alot of people at work that notice the difference and tell me that I have lost enough. They are not being helpful. Yes, there is a big difference in how I look, but there is still a ways to go. 130 for a 63" woman is not unhealthy and I could use some encouragement. I was hoping I could get it here.

Outside of the weight issues. I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I have several hobbies. I do beadwork, crochet, do needlework, garden and absolutely love to bake (of course, I love to bake desserts).
I am working on restoring my home and hope to have it complete in the next couple of years. One room at a time.

Hope to hear from some of you,

Marty

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    The great mystery is, Where do San Antonians go for vacation?
  • MartyJeanne
    MartyJeanne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last year it was Amsterdam for 5 days, and then a river cruise to Vienna for another 5days. It was all wonderful, but I don't think I need to see anymore ruined castles. There were a bunch of them. This year, it is Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. Like we aren't going to see a bunch more ruined castles.

• Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are superwoman! Cut yourself some slack. Persistence pays off and so will the weight. I think your worrying about things that have not happened or never will. Be happy you know how you lost it and you.know how it will come back. I applaud your efforts keep going.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Hell-o -

My name is Marty and I live in San Antonio, TX - At one time, San Antonio was accused of being the most overweight city in the country and I was part of that statistic.
    I am a 61 year old that has spent the last 35 years riding a desk. I am 5'3". My exercise pattern was and still is abominable.
    Last year, I went on a vacation with my mother and sister. A picture of the three of us revealed two very large women and an extremely tiny older woman. My sister clocked in at 250, I was running 169.9 (I refuse to acknowledge 170), and our mother was fighting to top 105. That was my wake-up call.
    I started dieting in August 2016 and by January 2017 I was down to 145 lbs. It has taken me until now to get down to 140 and I still have 10 more lbs to go.
    I will be retiring from my second career in a few months and I do not want to regain all that I have worked to lose.
    I am hoping that by connecting with people of my age that are working on losing/maintaining a loss that I would be able to get some moral support to encourage me to finish my goal.
    There are alot of people at work that notice the difference and tell me that I have lost enough. They are not being helpful. Yes, there is a big difference in how I look, but there is still a ways to go. 130 for a 63" woman is not unhealthy and I could use some encouragement. I was hoping I could get it here.

Outside of the weight issues. I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I have several hobbies. I do beadwork, crochet, do needlework, garden and absolutely love to bake (of course, I love to bake desserts).
    I am working on restoring my home and hope to have it complete in the next couple of years. One room at a time.

Hope to hear from some of you,

Marty

Sounds like you got this! You don't need the approval of some people at work. It's your body, and as long as you are at a healthy fat percentage, and your blood work is good, keep on doing what you are doing!
  • MartyJeanne
    MartyJeanne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks - Logging all of my food and my (very minimal) exercise has pushed me to do better - when I see it on the screen and have to justify that Hershey miniature to myself, it makes it real - without seeing it, I could easily justify cookies and all of those other sweets that I have a taste for.
  • 2Girls1Boy3Cats
    2Girls1Boy3Cats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    [quote="...when I see it on the screen and have to justify that Hershey miniature to myself... [/quote]
    I think I like this part off the program the best. As a not-so-young mom of 3 with age-related metabolism slowing, I like using this to keep myself in check.