Weightloss tips and tricks for women.

Options
Please feel free to post weight loss tricks and tips that have helped you along the way. Everyone is different but you never know if something you do can help someone else. Feel free to post tips you use for eating, logging, working out and etc. Together we can all reach our goals!!

Replies

• RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    eating less than what my total burn for the day is.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Heaping my plate with greens and then fewer fixings and strictly measuring out a small amount of dressing for my salads. I feel fuller with the bulk of the greens but I've reduced the calories from what I was having before.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale and lift heavy.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Prepping for meals so I'm not rushed and not weighing/measuring at the time.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My tip is to use something like trendweight.com to help track your trend over time. This helps keep me from getting discouraged over the day-to-day fluctuations.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    Prepping for meals so I'm not rushed and not weighing/measuring at the time.

Good one. Prep food and log everything into my food diary before breakfast. Whole day planned out helps me stay on track when treats show up at the office.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    1. I don't eat back my exercise calories (But...it always helps to have a buffer if you go over your goals)
    2. Until you learn portions, weigh everything, it's a huge eye opener.
    3. If you can, find a committed buddy. What a life saver on those gloomy days!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    [1] Nothing in the house that I have self-control issues with. (I'll buy a candy bar or a few pieces of sponge candy, but I definitely can't have multiple servings of calorie-dense yummies in the house).
    [2] I keep ready-to-eat meats (smoked ham, sausage, carved rotisserie chicken) in the freezer so I don't stop by the fridge and piece eat a bunch of calories. (I take them out when I'm preparing meals and to add to soup or rice & beans before microwaving.)
    [3] Meal prep. I pretty much always keep a large bowl of rice & beans (with meat and lots of veggies), a large bowl of soup, a bunch of containers with overnight oats-Yogurt mix (usually with fruit/jam, some protein powder, possibly peanut butter powder,..) in the fridge and a stack of entree containers (1-2 vegetable sides with a meat/fish) in the freezer.
    [4] Pre-logging the day in the morning (I'm trying to get in the habit of doing this more). (especially whether I can fit that glass of wine or must make do with cherry vodka and diet coke) while I'm dancing. (This keeps me from going over more often than if I don't).
    [5] Weighing food. Pretty quick and easy to do.
    [6] I do eat back my exercise calories. I think they are fairly accurate. I count 1 minute per set for generic weight training rather than total time - gets me less than 100 calories; running is fairly well characterized. I am ravenously starving if I burn a bunch of calories, so I definitely eat them back..performance would suffer in my case otherwise. (But my cardio choices are somewhat easier for accurate calorie burn estimates compared to, say, miscellaneous aerobics).
    [7] Ditto on the "lift heavy". Weight training makes a big difference in physical appearance.
    [8] When possible, log first then eat.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Only one thing that I can think of that seems more appropriate to women than men:

Don't freak out over fluctuations, it's normal and we are very much at the mercy of our hormones in this respect. Daily weighing, if only for one month, can help to understand how your cycle (and other things) affects day-to-day water weight.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    [9] I like shopping at a No-frills type store (it's a lot cheaper for the simple healthy staple items like beans, vegetables, meat and no tempting calorie-dense gourmet items). I do occasionally stop at Wegmans to pick up a rotisserie chicken and some of the veggies that the PriceRite doesn't have (particularly frozen brussel sprouts and cauliflower).
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Following this chart
    is4n4otmkl2l.jpg
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1.) Starting the day with protein like eggs or meat or even some almonds and cheese.
    2.) Logging EVERYTHING. No exceptions.
    3.) Flavored sparkling water instead of soda.
    4.) Protein + vegetable for dinner.
    5.) Patience and forgiveness. I've learned that I am going to have days (and sometimes even weeks) where I'm not going to be perfect, but that if I get back on track as soon as I can and just keep going, the scale will tell the tale.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    1. Log your good. Log your bad.
    2. Be patient and trust the science.
    3. Never try to be perfect. Try to be happy.