Weight Lifting - It makes me hungry!!??!!??

Options
2»

Replies

• BettyEtte
    BettyEtte Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My unscientific solution is to swig chocolate milk immediately before and after strength training sessions. And no--shame on me--I don't log it. But it seems to help with the day-after hunger pangs.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    same here...i eat right after..can't help it. Protien
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    For some reason I'm always more hungry the day after I do heavy weight lifting.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    After hitting the heavier weights I've come to this problem. The past 3 days I've gone over my calories due to vigorous strength training. I don't eat back my exercise calories nor do I track workouts. But I used to be content on 1400-1600 calories but now it takes me 2200 calories to make me feel okay and not dizzy(takes me 2400 calories to feel full). I want to cut a little more weight but also want to gain strength so I'm at a crossroads.

I try to walk 3.5 miles a day and bike ride another 3.5 and I strength train 3-4 times a week. My rate/pace of weight loss has definitely slowed but even with the extra calories I'm losing weight but much slower than I used to.

Also, I feel like I can lift more and have more energy when I eat more but feel like it's hindering my weightloss.

Any advice on what I should do is greatly appreciated ? I have my activity level set to slightly active.

I'm thinking of eating more and just doing an extra hour of cardio.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I could eat a buffet for breakfast after I lift if i had no restraint. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me to limit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    After hitting the heavier weights I've come to this problem. The past 3 days I've gone over my calories due to vigorous strength training. I don't eat back my exercise calories nor do I track workouts. But I used to be content on 1400-1600 calories but now it takes me 2200 calories to make me feel okay and not dizzy(takes me 2400 calories to feel full). I want to cut a little more weight but also want to gain strength so I'm at a crossroads.

I try to walk 3.5 miles a day and bike ride another 3.5 and I strength train 3-4 times a week. My rate/pace of weight loss has definitely slowed but even with the extra calories I'm losing weight but much slower than I used to.

Also, I feel like I can lift more and have more energy when I eat more but feel like it's hindering my weightloss.

Any advice on what I should do is greatly appreciated ? I have my activity level set to slightly active.

I'm thinking of eating more and just doing an extra hour of cardio.

Look to eat more volume foods... eggs whites, greek yogurt, low gi fruits and veggies, chicken/white meats/white fish.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Mute point for those saying to "eat back your exercise calories". Not being cardio, the estimated calorie burn is pretty close to nil compared to the associated hunger.