Options
chakug
chakug Posts: 28 Member
Age -23 M
Starting Weight - 88 kg
Current weight - 57 kg
Height - 158 cm
Waist - 29"
I have lost 31 kgs in around 10-11 months but I still have some belly fat to go.
People say I look like a sick person, very ugly and weird after losing weight, that my cheeks look sunken. I believe this problem is because eating in deficit for long time.
And I want to get 6 pack for which I obviously need to keep losing fat.
What should I do ? Keep going towards my ultimate goal ? Or stop and maintain weight/build muscle ?
What can I do to fix my cheeks ?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You need the Gaining Weight and Body Building Forum.

You are too thin.

To get rid of the belly and improve overall form you need to eat more and build muscle.

Once the muscle is satisfactory you can diet again.
  • chakug
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You need the Gaining Weight and Body Building Forum.

You are too thin.

To get rid of the belly and improve overall form you need to eat more and build muscle.

Once the muscle is satisfactory you can diet again.

I don't think I'm too thin !! I am 5" 2 male. So my weight might seem to thin to you. I still have little belly fat left anywys. Would it go away with muscle building ?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you recomp, you'll be able to lose fat and build muscle at the same time, albeit slowly
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5'2"

That doesn't seem too thin.

Can you post a picture? I'm guessing this is a matter of body composition but a picture would help.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    +1 vote for recomp
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is how the body builders do it. They eat a lot and lift a lot. They get bigger all over.

When they are happy with their shape all over, they reduce their calories (a "cut") to reduce the remaining body fat and show off the stunning muscles underneath. They keep lifting during a "cut" to reduce muscle loss.

You will only build muscle while gaining weight...and lifting.
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    chakug wrote: »
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"
    I have lost 31 kgs in around 10-11 months but I still have some belly fat to go.
    People say I look like a sick person, very ugly and weird after losing weight, that my cheeks look sunken. I believe this problem is because eating in deficit for long time.
    What should I do ? Keep going towards my ultimate goal ? Or stop and maintain weight/build muscle ?

If you're 57kg and have belly fat then damn man, I'm 70kg and I got no belly, you need to build muscle because obviously you lost "weight" not "fat" abs are all about bodyfat % not about your weight. since you don't hit the gym, you can do build muscle and lose fat at the same time, what you need to do is, go into 250 calorie deficit and follow a weight lifting routine and up your protein to 30%

You lost weight in a unhealthy way and lost majority of your muscle, but you can regain it soon enough, just go into a slight deficit and build muscle and you'll manage to get it soon
  • chakug
    Options
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"

If you're 57kg and have belly fat then damn man, I'm 70kg and I got no belly, you need to build muscle because obviously you lost "weight" not "fat" abs are all about bodyfat % not about your weight. since you don't hit the gym, you can do build muscle and lose fat at the same time, what you need to do is, go into 250 calorie deficit and follow a weight lifting routine and up your protein to 30%

You lost weight in a unhealthy way and lost majority of your muscle, but you can regain it soon enough, just go into a slight deficit and build muscle and you'll manage to get it soon

Thanks for reply ! That helps ! Should I exclude my exercise calories from my deficit ?
    Like my maintenance calorie is 1720.
    I do cardio everyday which burns 200-300 calories.
    So should I eat 1500 calories or 1700 calories ?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"

Aside from newbie gains-no you will not gain muscle in a deficit.
  • chakug
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    This is how the body builders do it. They eat a lot and lift a lot. They get bigger all over.

When they are happy with their shape all over, they reduce their calories (a "cut") to reduce the remaining body fat and show off the stunning muscles underneath. They keep lifting during a "cut" to reduce muscle loss.

You will only build muscle while gaining weight...and lifting.

thanks for the reply ! this is what I am planning to do, but I don't want to get bulky ! my real goal is to stay lean get 6 packs and just toned muscles
  • chakug
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    5'2"

That doesn't seem too thin.

Can you post a picture? I'm guessing this is a matter of body composition but a picture would help.

posting now
  • mohamedahmed07
    Options
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"

Thanks for reply ! That helps ! Should I exclude my exercise calories from my deficit ?
    Like my maintenance calorie is 1720.
    I do cardio everyday which burns 200-300 calories.
    So should I eat 1500 calories or 1700 calories ?

exactly, you need as MUCH food as you can possibly have to help you gaining muscle, so eat at your maintenance, lift weights for 45minutes which equals 150 calories, burn another 150 from cardio , HIIT especially because it burns fat and helps building muscle. goodluck
  • chakug
    Options
    uhodc84fk7up.jpg
  • chakug
    Options
    50bt8brr96xl.jpg
  • mohamedahmed07
    Options
    Well, message me if you want any further help
  • mohamedahmed07
    edited May 2017
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"

You're denying something I've been doing for a year now. you can if you maintain a positive nitrogen balance which you recover, take enough protein.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"

You're denying something I've been doing for a year now. you can if you maintain a positive nitrogen balance which you recover, take enough protein.

Science says it is not possible.
  • mohamedahmed07
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Age -23 M
    Starting Weight - 88 kg
    Current weight - 57 kg
    Height - 158 cm
    Waist - 29"

Science says it is not possible.

What science is that? bro science? haha .watch Athlean X such a incredible guy who has been doing it for 8years, and so did many others. Do it yourself and you will find out it's real. but in a much slower phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-PBGCIVAgg