SAHM--Need Friends to Add--My Story:

Options
kHanson95
kHanson95 Posts: 17 Member
Hey, how's it going?

My name is Kelsie (as you can see).
I will be 22 years old this June and I am getting married this August.
Our son will also be one year old this August, so it's a big summer for us.

Anyhow, we're all here on MyFitnessPal because we're either fat or unhealthy in some way, right?
Well, I'm definitely here because I'm fat.

I gained 50 - 60 pounds during my pregnancy, which was a real drag because I was working on losing weight when I got pregnant.

I am about 20 - 25 pounds lighter than I was during my pregnancy, but I would still like to lose 40-ish pounds to bring me back to pre-pregnancy weight.

The struggle for me is exercising. I've never enjoyed exercising because I have large breasts and asthma, so it's never been any kind of delight for me. Hiking, biking, walking, and swimming are about as good as it gets. Unfortunately, those are all seasonal exercises (for the most part), and I hate doing those things alone... so it can be difficult to find the motivation to go at it when I have no support.

Before I got pregnant, I was biking and hiking a lot, and eating pretty healthily (like, lettuce-wrap healthy)--but of course, my energy decline and my hunger sky-rocketed during my pregnancy. Everything got all messed up. So now, not only am I starting back at square one, it's almost like "negative square one," because I am fatter now than I have ever been.

The heaviest I have ever been is 180 pounds, which was for one trimester in high school... I reached 220 during my pregnancy and have plateaued at 195 pounds. I now shop in plus-sized clothing and often experience low blood sugar effects.

Replies

• kHanson95
    kHanson95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh, well... I wasn't shown a character limit, and so the rest of what I had to say got cut off. Awesome. :/
  • kwrzesniewski
    kwrzesniewski Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelsie! Congrats on your engagement and that's great that you have a sweet boy!
    It's always difficult to lose weight... my advice to you is to limit your calorie intake. I'm on 1200 calories a day so I lose about a pound or two a week. Never rush your weight loss because there is a chance you will gain it all back plus a few pounds! Stay motivated and dedicated!
  • undrznith
    undrznith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! Also a sahm, I'm 31 and have 4 kids. They're 8, 6.5, almost 4 and almost 1. This last pregnancy allI craved was sugar and junk, I ate pretty healthy before and it's been a huge struggle to get back to it. My anxiety and depression are raging because of it so I'm finally really buckling down and getting on it. I feel awesome eating relatively paleo, so am doing a whole 30. I'm on day 11. I've found I hover around 1500 calories naturally since I started. Even though I'm doing this largely for my sanity, getting my figure back would be fab. Totally open to friends with stuff in common :) And congrats on the upcoming wedding and baby turning 1! ♡
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a stay at home mom too! I am pregnant with baby number four (and final), my kids are four, three, 17 months, and baby due in July. This past year I have been successful in developing an exercise routine, but my biggest challenge is keeping my calories in check! I'd love more mom friends!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm a SAHM of 3 kids. Congrats on your wedding! <3