Post babby muffin top

Options
Any suggestions to reduce the post babby muffins I now have after carrying 3 children? Im back to my pre baby weight, but have this pudgy biz mosyly in my front abdominal area. Appreciate any suggestions.

Replies

• TeacupsAndDeadlifts
    TeacupsAndDeadlifts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You'll have to eat at a deficit in order to lose the fat and if you haven't already, incorporate strength training into your routine.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My baby is 9 months old, I'm currently doing Insanity Max 30 and my midsection is gradually shrinking. Eat at deficit and give it some time.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Buy pants with a loser waist bad? Seriously, muffin top is generally caused by ill-fitting clothing.

And you birthed 3 children. It's possible what you are seeing is extra skin. But YOU CREATED 3 PEOPLE. Cut yourself some slack. 3 people > a little extra skin.
  • dad_loosbrock
    dad_loosbrock Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is a babby? LOL!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    You remind me of my sister! She's the only one I know who says babby as an even cuter term for baby :)
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My baby is 7. I've had four c-sections. I work out in some way every single day and have for the last 9 months or so. I'm at my goal weight which puts me at a 20 on the bmi scale. Completely normal weight, in other words. I still have the extra whatever in my belly. It's not totally flat though I can see the start of a two pack at the top of my abs. ;) I'm not sure if I'll ever get it where I want it. But as others have said, we grew people inside of us! That's amazing and makes the stretch marks, belly flab, etc worth it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What is a babby? LOL!

I'm wondering the same thing....
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    The fact that you even mentioned the "babby" is proof that you're looking for excuses. Many women before you have gotten fit after having kids and many women after you will do as well. If you choose not to do so, that's completely fine - but ffs stop blaming the "babby" weight.

maria-kang-10-lead.jpg

Yeah no. No uterus... No opinion.
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    babby = baby.. its a "slang" term in england. Im originally from wolverhampton, the black country, and no joke.. it wasnt until I came to Canada when I was 7 that I really heard someone say baby on a regular basis.

I too have had 2 little ones and struggle in that area.. I am pretty toned every where else after 9 months of pretty consistent logging calories at a deficit and weight training. I think this is the area where my body just stores fat... its hard to spot reduce... ive had no luck. I do have some good muscle under there though.

My issue is, I no longer want to lose weight, or lose any more fat anywhere else. My boobs have gotten smaller and so has my bum.. so now I am sticking to weight training and hoping eventually that chubby bit will just go away.
  • dad_loosbrock
    dad_loosbrock Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just havin fun with ya, @kclewis416
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just havin fun with ya, @kclewis416

my bad :smile: i am usually good at picking up sarcasm... getting old and miserable
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    http://people.com/bodies/no-excuses-mom-maria-kang-shares-unedited-unapologetic-bikini-photo/

Also Maria Kang, unedited, no-pre photoshoot diet prep:
    maria-kang-435.jpg?w=435

This just goes to show that you shouldn't compare yourself to what you see in images in magazines or on social media. Even those women don't look like that.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    The fact that you even mentioned the "babby" is proof that you're looking for excuses. Many women before you have gotten fit after having kids and many women after you will do as well. If you choose not to do so, that's completely fine - but ffs stop blaming the "babby" weight.

maria-kang-10-lead.jpg

And this comment coming from a male that never did or will have children. Priceless!

Yeah some of us take 12 months for the body to be ready for more than walking. You have no idea what it feels like to be postpartum until you've popped one out (let alone three!).
    http://people.com/bodies/no-excuses-mom-maria-kang-shares-unedited-unapologetic-bikini-photo/

Also Maria Kang, unedited, no-pre photoshoot diet prep:
    maria-kang-435.jpg?w=435

This just goes to show that you shouldn't compare yourself to what you see in images in magazines or on social media. Even those women don't look like that.

This I love. She is like a real person.

Time. It takes time and patience.