My 1st week

Options
lizzybee22
lizzybee22 Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi
Here I go... Again.
My name is Lisa and I"m just finishing up my first week on MFP. I'm reaching out to get some support and make connections. :)

My goal is to lose 10bs by July 4th for a wedding with lots of family, and 20 lbs for a wedding that is in early Sept-with the other side of the family. Lots of photos are going to be involved and I want to feel confidant and happy. My long term goal is 35-40lbs. I have some health concerns that go into the mix as well.

I have been tracking precisely and exercising. I've been eating close to within my calories. The first two days it took some getting use to. MFP has me on a calorie plan and that was an eye opener. I immediately became more mindful about my eating. I'm in the honeymoon face right now where I'm logging everything. Yes. Every. Thing. Even that smidge of 2% milk in my coffee! Fruit too! Fruit has calories! What??!! Ha!

So I'm a little disappointed that I've only lost .5-1 lb (weigh-in day is tomorrow) because I've been so dedicated. I can't let the scale stop me though. It might catch up with me a couple of days later. I know all this stuff. Oh, I should add, I've lost this weight before. Over 30lbs. I did WW and was successful. I never thought I'd gain it back. Didn't see that one coming. And there's a certain amount of self-blame that goes along with that.

But all that said, I turn 50 in a year and a half and I want to be at goal and maintaining by then. I want this to just be a non-issue. I get that it's a journey for life (oh I get it. See above re losing & re-gaining!) but that's a journey I"m ok with because I want to be healthy and happy and able to be here for my kids. I know taking weight off will be so much healthier for me. I'm pretty happy now, but I know I'll be a better, even happier version of myself. One step at a time. One day at a time. Anyway thanks for reading. :) Let's do this!

5a2fda807386ef3159c6da2934ea4956.jpg

Replies