What's the best advice you have?

Options
What are your best tips to achieving your weight loss goal?

Replies

• mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Agree food scale is a must.

Weight training as well, not just cardio.
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What are your best tips to achieving your weight loss goal?

1-Cut 500 calories below maintenance level, also get a scale to properly measure your food weight that way you don't over exceed your calories.
    2-Do HIIT cardio it increases your metabolism, helps you build muscle, and burn fat even after you finish working out (aka after burn)
    3-Use intermittent fasting, science proves it reduces insulin sensitivity, insulin levels, and it raises growth hormone which is a fat burning hormone and muscle building, and it helps controlling your apetitte and not to over eat.
    4-Lower your carbs, it is scientifically proved that low carb diets are more successful than low fat diets, researches are on google. People here panic when you say go low on carbs so XD
    5-Last one and second most important to cutting calories is to resistance train, go to gym or workout at home. boosts your metabolism and burns calories and builds muscle.
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I second the patience, bc the weight will come down u just have to give it time. This is the hardest bc we wants results fast but we didn't gain the weight fast either.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Patience and consistency
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stick with the program that you find works for you. Don't allow anything to discourage you from your goal, especially when you don't lose any weight for a week or longer. When you eat something you've been trying to cut back on, or over eat, don't beat yourself up over the slip, accept that you enjoyed it while you were eating it and move on with your program. Adjust your eating and exercising as you progress. Ignore the self defeating voice in your head, if you have one, because that voice doesn't want you to succeed, that voice want you to remain the same. Learn how to distinguish between craving something and actual hunger to better feed your body what it needs.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Change your eating one habit at a time.

Start by logging what you eat as accurately and honestly as you can. Then start to see where you could cut down or change. And do that. One habit at a time.

Most important of all, be patient with yourself. It took time to gain the weight, it'll take time to lose the weight.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Be accountable. Be honest about what you're eating and how much your exercising and push yourself to do the work. You're only cheating yourself when you don't; don't be surprised or disappointed about not meeting your goals if you're not being honest with yourself
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Nice KISS. It takes time and it's not a race! Day by day.
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    1- patience. No you won't see change this week next week. But you won't see it if you don't stay consistent and be patient.
    2- take pictures. They help on days where you feel discouraged because you can't see the results even tho they are there!
    3- ditch the scale. I have been working HARD the past 5 months and the scale hasnt budged as I am gaining muscle, but I am losing inches like crazy!
    4- log your food intake!
    5- water! Water! Water!
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Patience - stick with it long-term and you'll get there. Don't let the little bumps in the road derail or discourage. Just keep on...

I consider this to be a lifelong pursuit. (I've been here at maintenance for over 5 years now.) Since my pursuit of fitness and good health is never-ending, there's no rush to get to an end point. Although I technically already met my weight goal years ago, I still have fitness goals and maintenance goals, and those don't ever end. (I like always having something to work towards.)

I'm just moving forward from day to day, doing what I can to keep things going in the overall right direction. A bad day here or there is nothing to me. It's the overall trend that matters. And if something's not working, I make adjustments until I start seeing the results I want again.

Good luck! B)

Edited to add (in response to the post above mine): I like to keep it simple and straightforward. While there are numerous ways to go about this process, I find that the more straightforward and easy it is to incorporate these lifestyle changes into your life, the more likely you will be to stick with it long-term. This is especially true for new people. It might be fun to try a whole bunch of different fads or special programs, and some of those methods can be beneficial, but they are totally optional. None of that stuff is required. All that is required for weight loss is making sure you burn more calories than you consume. So do what works best for you. The more complicated you make something, the harder it is to keep it up forever. And that's really the goal. To make healthy, sustainable changes that we can/will be willing to live with forever. ;)

I totally agree with everything you said. I think the same as you. Best advice in my book.
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    These are all really good advice tips. This is really helpful. You all rock!
  • elizabethmcr
    elizabethmcr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you overeat one day ... or two ... or for a week straight ... just keep logging your calories, get to the gym, and wake up each morning resigned to keep going.

Its normal to fall off the wagon for a weekend or during a vacation, etc. but if you catch yourself and move on you will still succeed.

Weigh yourself and track calories even after you've achieved your goal. I have to keep myself accountable or the pounds creep up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Be patient and be consistent.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!