Day 1...again

Options
Stepped on the scale this morning only to find I'm at a 10 year high! I did mfp in 2014-2015 and was wildly successful...so here I am....again....Need to figure out a way to make it stick this time. I hate counting calories as it feels too much like a diet, but I need to do something to get my weight back under control.

Replies

• lizzybee22
    lizzybee22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It can be so frustrating I'm at the same place. I lost over 30 lbs but "it's baaaaack" and I'm at my high as well. I'm just finishing up my first week. This is my first time really using MFP although I had an account before I used a different plan. But so far I'm liking this. It is good to hear that you were successful on this plan because I'm sure hoping to be! I want to lose 40lbs by my 50th bday and I have a year and a half so let's hope it doesn't take that long. Good luck to you and if you want to connect here please do.
  • mammahawk25
    mammahawk25 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lizzybee22 wrote: »
    I hear you. It can be so frustrating I'm at the same place. I lost over 30 lbs but "it's baaaaack" and I'm at my high as well. I'm just finishing up my first week. This is my first time really using MFP although I had an account before I used a different plan. But so far I'm liking this. It is good to hear that you were successful on this plan because I'm sure hoping to be! I want to lose 40lbs by my 50th bday and I have a year and a half so let's hope it doesn't take that long. Good luck to you and if you want to connect here please do.

Glad I'm not alone ;)
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm on day 10 this time around. I feel like getting back on the horse is so much harder each time. Determined to stick with it this time!
  • amandamccaw86
    amandamccaw86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm back on the horse since May 1st. My first successful time around I was down about 30 pounds from where I am now. The years off went by fast. I get frustrated because I remember how strong and fit I used to be and I can't get back there overnight, you know? Cheers to being back on the wagon, all.
  • knumee8595
    knumee8595 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing! I'm just getting started after gaining weight this last year... want to get back to the woman in the picture. Active and feeling fit... I could use some friends but not to how to request
  • Jarrett882
    Jarrett882 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My first day also, so ready, get set, goooooo lol
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    There's a learning process to all this that I confess I am still learning also. It seems for me the "ultimate" goal is to drop the weight...if I can just do that...ahhh success. Not! the success is step two. Maintenance. that may seem like a "DUH" Captain Obvious statement, but honestly, I'm just beginning to think this way. I still have probably 15 to go and hope to add in weight lifting to my cardio I'm doing now, but the real trick to all this and we hear it over and over and over again and thats is to keep it off.

thats why canned programs seldom work long term. Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, Jenny Craig, especially eating their prepared packaged foods. we never learn how to determine proper calorie control off the programs.

I find this method while, its kinda tedious to some, the better method. you learn about your body, what makes it lose and gain, what logged activity does to your weight etc. This is just one of the better ways to approach weight loss. IMHO.