Feelings

cahubbard6421
cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
Why do so many people get their feelings hurt so often? Why do they typically like to respond when their feelings get hurt? What happened to having thick skin and ignoring idiots? Feel free to weigh in. I don't care what you think about me so make sure you leave that part out.

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    I think it depends on how they were raised and where they live. I pretty much get along with everyone although I have gotten into conflicts here b/c you can't sense sarcasm. With that being said, F you buddy! lol
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm dead inside anymore so I don't get my feelings hurt.

Must not smell too good.
  • cahubbard6421
    I don't get hurt feelings. I've noticed a lot of posts here that seem overly sensitive all the time.
  • cahubbard6421
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    snowflake.jpg

eff'em.... who cares about feelings anyway?

I care about actions and results.

Snowflake......pretty accurate. More applicable to the modern world than ever before! #safespace
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Or maybe you're mistaking disagreement for hurt feelings. Frankly, it's been a while since I've seen a good 'you're so meeeean' thread here. Where are all these supposedly hurt feelings?
  • cahubbard6421
    Go into the message for older men lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    Because everyone has their own cause and it's ok not to be your best anymore. I.e. participation medals, shippy parenting to whiny kids, "fat is beautiful", and safe spaces. You cannot give opinions anymore without first thinking about how it will negatively affect the target. In a nutshell, call it the pussification of America.

I heard this phrase on a morning radio show a while ago. Actually, it was Wussification but same concept.
  • pinuplove
    Go into the message for older men lol

I'm there, still failing to see the hurt feelings. It is, however, making me exceedingly grateful to be married to a wonderful man.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    overly sensitive all the time. [/quote]

I'm not overly sensitve, I'm just PMSing.
  • cahubbard6421
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    Because everyone has their own cause and it's ok not to be your best anymore. I.e. participation medals, shippy parenting to whiny kids, "fat is beautiful", and safe spaces. You cannot give opinions anymore without first thinking about how it will negatively affect the target. In a nutshell, call it the pussification of America.

I heard this phrase on a morning radio show a while ago. Actually, it was Wussification but same concept.

It isn't wrong though.
  • cahubbard6421
    In my short existence on this planet, if you often can't see something (bullying, sensitivity, crazy) it's because you're the one. Not saying this is true in all cases.
  • pinuplove
    edited May 2017
    I'll just be in the corner crying into my needlepoint.
  • cahubbard6421
    When you look at me with both eyes.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    In my short existence on this planet, if you often can't see something (bullying, sensitivity, crazy) it's because you're the one. Not saying this is true in all cases.

Doesn't this comment answer your original question?