quick chicken recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    Here is one of my family's favorites. I call it Holiday Chicken since I make it often around the holidays but they tend to want it during the rest of the year too. Easy Breezy....

Holiday Chicken

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
    1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    1 Bottle Catalina Salad Dressing

Mix All together, Bake in oven at 375 degrees till chicken is done and sauce has thickened. You can cover it to begin but remove foil after a while so some of the water can cook out. The sauce should end up the consistancy of BBQ sauce. Has a really good flavor. Kind of like Sweet and Sour Chicken. Even the kids like it.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I understand your pain! In the last few weeks, I have been baking chicken in the oven- enough for a few days- and I just sprinkle seasonings on different parts. Half (or a third) of the pan will be cajun, the other will be something else. Its just easy for me with my limited time and get a variety of things for different days without much effort. Although I may try this whole salsa business.... its sounds yummy!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    well, not the quickest or easiest but easier than panfrying or something else!

fried but not really fried chicken breast-
    rinse chicken breast(s) with water, pat dry with paper towel and smother in cooking spray (or olive oil if you've got room for the cals and fat that day)

for 'breading': on a plate or shallow bowl use a mixture of instant mashed potato flakes (about 1/4 cup)- like potato buds for example- garlic powder & rosemary or whatever spices you'd like (as heavy or light as you like on these) and smother the chicken in the potato flake/spice mixture. Once smothered to your liking spray down again with the cooking spray to just moisten everything a little

bake at 400 degrees until meat thermometer shows 170 degrees internal temp. Once the chicken's done, if it didn't already get crispy on the outside leave it under the broiler for a few minutes and the potato flakes get crunchy brown and crispy! really yummy!

I usually use the cooking spray to save calories instead of olive oil. YUMM! just had this last night and having my leftovers tonight, so a 4oz-ish chicken breast all dressed up is about 190 cals, 7 carbs, and 5 grams of fat (more of course on those stats if you use olive oil)
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karalynnroll
    karalynnroll Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    well, not the quickest or easiest but easier than panfrying or something else!

fried but not really fried chicken breast-
    rinse chicken breast(s) with water, pat dry with paper towel and smother in cooking spray (or olive oil if you've got room for the cals and fat that day)

for 'breading': on a plate or shallow bowl use a mixture of instant mashed potato flakes (about 1/4 cup)- like potato buds for example- garlic powder & rosemary or whatever spices you'd like (as heavy or light as you like on these) and smother the chicken in the potato flake/spice mixture. Once smothered to your liking spray down again with the cooking spray to just moisten everything a little

bake at 400 degrees until meat thermometer shows 170 degrees internal temp. Once the chicken's done, if it didn't already get crispy on the outside leave it under the broiler for a few minutes and the potato flakes get crunchy brown and crispy! really yummy!

I usually use the cooking spray to save calories instead of olive oil. YUMM! just had this last night and having my leftovers tonight, so a 4oz-ish chicken breast all dressed up is about 190 cals, 7 carbs, and 5 grams of fat (more of course on those stats if you use olive oil)

That sounds delicious.
  • kls310
    kls310 Posts: 9
    Options
    bump
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I had an abundance of cilantro left over from making guacamole so I made a pesto out of it (almonds, parm, lemon juice). I froze it in ice cubes for later use. So now I just grill up some chicken, thaw out a cube of pesto per piece and use it on the chicken. It may not be fancy but it is quick and tasty! By the way, my recipe of cilantro pesto came out to be about 105 cals per ice cube (got about 8 cubes out of the batch).
  • momsoup
    momsoup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

awesome site! thank you so much for sharing! :happy:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rstudebaker52
    rstudebaker52 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I made the summer lasagna for dinner tonight and it was delicious, thanks so much for the recipe. I will definitely be making it again :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Cut into 2 inch strips and coat the bottom of a glass pan with olive oil. Place chicken in glass pan and season with any of your choice of basil, italian seasoning, parsley, salt & pepper, steak seasoning, or garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cut up into pieces and mix in with rice, mozzarella cheese, and peas or corn. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yum, yum!
  • DaisyAguilar4
    Options
    bump
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks these are great!
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ldavisdc
    ldavisdc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump..Thanks :smile:
  • Linnie1272
    Options
    *save* thanks :)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    chicken salad sandwhich. Cubed/shredded chicken. A little bit of low fat mayo,a bit of greek yogurt,some spinach ,tomato and onion on a peice of toasted bread. Add some spicy mustard or curry powder for a kick.