Atkins Diet

Options
HI is anyone here trying the Atkins diet for weight loss and how do they like it if they are. I just seriously started it yesterday.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not low carb myself (no medical issues for me).....but there would be info in one of the groups here....

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I tried it a number of years ago. I lost some weight, but the food plan was not sustainable, so then the weight came back.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I tried it a number of years ago. I lost some weight, but the food plan was not sustainable, so then the weight came back.

x2 But I've successfully kept it off following a balanced nutritional approach (IIFYM)
  • YIRI2017
    YIRI2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm on Atkins. I started Atkins on 4/3/17. I needed a low carb diet to lower my sugar. Love the plan , it fits my needs perfectly :)
  • kericka_stagga
    kericka_stagga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm keto and have been for 2 months. I lost 18 pounds, but I've hit a plato and I'm trying my hardest now to get over this jump. I really enjoy being keto amd trying new ways of cooking. The hard part comes in when you have a family who isn't
  • brodi3man
    brodi3man Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Give it a go and see what you think. Everyone is different. I'm a sugar junky and have to treat it as such. The cravings get the best of me. If i'm on LCHF the cravings go away, you could set donuts next to me all day and i'll have no issue avoiding them.
    Join the LCHF community, as suggested above, and read the many resources available for starting.
    Friend me if you like.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I tried it too many years ago, lost weight just to regain all-plus-about 10 lbs-extra. Wasn't sustainable for me without carbs. Plus all that fat? Didn't Atkins himself died of a heart attack or heart disease? That should be enough to discourage his followers
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My husband cut out carbs in 2015 and lost 50 lbs. He has maintained the loss, but does eat some carbs here and there (still very little though). I personally could not do this. I am a carb addict. :-/
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    I tried it too many years ago, lost weight just to regain all-plus-about 10 lbs-extra. Wasn't sustainable for me without carbs. Plus all that fat? Didn't Atkins himself died of a heart attack or heart disease? That should be enough to discourage his followers

No he actually slipped on ice and hit his head and died.