Introduce and 1330 Cals

Options
Hey Folks,

I'm kind of new here.. I had this 2 years ago. Lost 20.. lbs and need to lose 45 lbs. So, I'm back struggling as ever. It seems hard to lose weight a second time when you are close to your goal. I'm on 1330 cals but I have no idea what to eat without getting bored. Anyone got some ideas, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? I usually eat like oatmeal, chicken, turkey, veggies and that.. but it's hard counting . Help ya girl out .

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You can still eat the things you like and are used to, just in smaller quantities. Its hard to count, its hard being overweight - pick your hard. You can do it, you've done it before!
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toasts, frozen fruits, flavored yogurts add spices or sauces to your food (but becareful of their calories) , I add mayonnaise to my cheese and it makes it's taste way better

But seriously, 1330 calories ain't sh1t :neutral: try to exercise to be able to eat more (optional)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toasts, frozen fruits, flavored yogurts add spices or sauces to your food (but becareful of their calories) , I add mayonnaise to my cheese and it makes it's taste way better

But seriously, 1330 calories ain't sh1t :neutral: try to exercise to be able to eat more (optional)

What? She didn't ask how to add more calories, she wants help with food that will not leave her hungry.

@lexipooh652 - just eat the foods you like, try to get some protein, fats and fiber in every meal or snack. It's common to struggle a bit in the beginning. Log all your food and take notice of how different foods make you feel afterwards i.e. are you still hungry or satisfied?

• kHanson95
    kHanson95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

First off, @mohamedahmed07 is right: 1330 is low and difficult. If you can burn off a couple hundred calories (buy some ankle weights or something and walk briskly for an hour), then you can eat more and feel better. :smile:

But you have to keep in mind some other aspects, like salt and fat and sugars. Your profile will alert you when a food is too high in one of those things... I find that peanut butter makes it difficult for me to meet my macronutrient goals because it uses up all of my allotted fats for the day, which means I have to avoid other foods with any fats at all. So it's definitely about balance.

The key is to go at it for a few days: document what you want to eat BEFORE you eat it to see how it's going to affect your day. Then, you can work around it or eat something else. You'll reach a point where the better choices are easier to decide because you already know how your regular foods affect you. Of course, eat something that isn't necessarily helpful to your goal (like my equivalent of peanut butter) every once in a while if you feel like it (like once or twice per month), but you want to get in good habits and keep your body healthy :smile: So definitely don't make excuses to eat the things that conflict with your nutrient goals.

The good news is that your diet sounds super healthy already. Now you've just got to eat the right portions and get more exercise in.
  • kHanson95
    kHanson95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • helenw32
    helenw32 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I try to get protein, good fats, carbs and fibre into each meal. So a good day would be a wholemeal pitta with avocado, spinach and hummus for breakfast, snack on a tangerine and a few nuts, lunch of a mixed bean chilli with lots of veggies but made with coconut oil (add a small amount of crème fraiche or light cheese if you like - I don't as I'm vegan). Afternoon snack could be trail mix. Dinner could be something like a stir fry with a small portion of noodles, lots of veggies, cooked in coconut oil and if you're feeling fancy in the kitchen, make a peanut lime and chilli sauce for it!

Hope that helps :smiley:
  • mohamedahmed07
    Options

What? She didn't ask how to add more calories, she wants help with food that will not leave her hungry.

@lexipooh652 - just eat the foods you like, try to get some protein, fats and fiber in every meal or snack. It's common to struggle a bit in the beginning. Log all your food and take notice of how different foods make you feel afterwards i.e. are you still hungry or satisfied?

The difference between you and kHanson95 is huge, try to be supportive , people may have problems they are not aware off but you are, so why not help them? no reason greedy about answering with short Answers when you can do more?
    kHanson95 wrote: »

First off, @mohamedahmed07 is right: 1330 is low and difficult. If you can burn off a couple hundred calories (buy some ankle weights or something and walk briskly for an hour), then you can eat more and feel better. :smile:

Thank you! +1
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Figure out the numbers you need to reach by calculating BMR & TDEE. To help with counting, buy a food scale to properly measure calorie intake. Be accurate with your logging. Good luck!
  • LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

The difference between you and kHanson95 is huge, try to be supportive , people may have problems they are not aware off but you are, so why not help them? no reason greedy about answering with short Answers when you can do more?

Thank you! +1

I wasn't giving short answers
  • mohamedahmed07
    Options

Thank you! +1

Not you mate
  • LexiKazoo95
    Options

But you have to keep in mind some other aspects, like salt and fat and sugars. Your profile will alert you when a food is too high in one of those things... I find that peanut butter makes it difficult for me to meet my macronutrient goals because it uses up all of my allotted fats for the day, which means I have to avoid other foods with any fats at all. So it's definitely about balance.

The key is to go at it for a few days: document what you want to eat BEFORE you eat it to see how it's going to affect your day. Then, you can work around it or eat something else. You'll reach a point where the better choices are easier to decide because you already know how your regular foods affect you. Of course, eat something that isn't necessarily helpful to your goal (like my equivalent of peanut butter) every once in a while if you feel like it (like once or twice per month), but you want to get in good habits and keep your body healthy :smile: So definitely don't make excuses to eat the things that conflict with your nutrient goals.

The good news is that your diet sounds super healthy already. Now you've just got to eat the right portions and get more exercise in.

Well, MFP gave me that number. I think this number will change since I'm starting back working out 3 days a week for 45 minutes
  • LexiKazoo95
    Options

Thank you! +1

Not you mate

Ok great. I was very confused
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm on 1200 calories (I'm very short!) and it's doable. My diary is open to friends so feel free to add me. I eat a variety of stuff and not all "clean" foods, but decent foods. Good luck on your journey - you can do this!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary and you can get a good idea...yesterday was a bad example...but I usually net under 1350 and walk 10k steps a day. I typically eat salmon, avocado, cucumber, lime juice salad for lunch and dinner is chicken thighs, asparagus and potato. For snacks, tons of carrots and PB2 along with airpopped popcorn.