Exercise DVD that only uses dumbbells????

Options
I am looking for a recommendation on a DVD that is for Strength training that uses JUST dumb bells...Not bands, or steppers...etc.

I don't want to have to go out and buy a bunch of equipment...I already have adjustable dumb bells that I want to incorporate, solely.

Any suggestions that GIVE results???

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 both use 3 and 5 lb handweights. You could work up to 8 lbs if you are crazy.

Is that what you are thinking of/
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    Lotte Berk Method "Muscle Eats Fat"
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels! She has a ton of them. Pick you punishment! LOL

30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    No More Trouble Zones
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    JM 30DS - you need a yoga mat if you are working on a hard surface though
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme gives you the option to work with just dumbells and it does produce results.
  • neela31
    neela31 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been using Self:Bikini ready Fast for the last 4 weeks. I think it's helped with my muffin. Can't wait to see other suggestions. I'd like a DVD that's full body and heavy weights.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I was kinda thinking a lot heavier weight programs than just the 3 lbs.

What about Cathe????
  • neela31
    neela31 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

What about Cathe????

I've actually read really good things about her. I think her videos use more equipment and the DVDs are more expensive.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Here is a website that you may find what you are looking for on.
    Good Luck.
    http://www.iefit.com/fitness/weight-lifting.htm
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    A lot of the DVDs by The Firm use dumbbells only. My favorite so far is The Firm Weight Loss System. It's awesome.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The 10 minute Solutions Kettlebell workout DVD demonstrates the movements using dumbells as opposed to kettle bells. I get a pretty good burn with just my handweights.
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use 2.5kgs & 5kg dumbell weights for my 30DS
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Bob Harper Inside Out Cardio uses weights off and on, his Inside Out Strength uses weights non stop. For an hour. His DVDs are around 10 at Target or I think you can get the boxed set from his site fairly cheap.
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You may want to look at Jackie Warner's DVD's. She does encourage using heavy weights.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    joining in, but power 90 also uses only weights, same for P90X if you skip the chinup/pullups
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Most of The Firm DVDS use only handweights, also Preventions 1-2-3 workout gives options with and without weights
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options

What about Cathe????

check into Chalean.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'd say check into Chalean Xtreme if you're looking for heavy weights. That program is all about lifting heavy weights. And she's got some interval workouts that I love to do that you use around 5 pounds for.

I'd also say Jillian Michaels would be good. I love her workouts though I haven't done them in a while. You can use 5 pounds for those if you want.

Anything more than 5 pounds I'd say ChaLEAN Xtreme. Those are the only ones I can think of.

ETA: And I forgot. I also second P90X. That might be one you'd like as well.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about DVDs, but I've seen plenty of books on Amazon about this.