Another question...Im new at this lol

Options
Ok if my calories are 1200 a day am I supppose to burn 1200 a day in exercise??Im really confused about this calorie deficit??HELP......thank you everyone..

Replies

• MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No, MFP calculates the deficit for you. Eat 1200 a day. If you workout, enter those calories into the app and they will be added to your daily calorie goal. You can either eat these calories or leave them as a deficit. You'll lose more weight eating below your calorie goal, but if you are only at 1200 a day I wouldn't eat below that.
  • samanthalombard
    samanthalombard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi MrsSeager, thank you explaining that! I asked a similar question in my post. And this clears it up now
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    in eating, calorie is like money. when MFP gives u a 1200 calorie daily allowance is like u have 1200 to spend on food. each time u eat, u buy the food with calories n u have less in ur account ewch time u eat. when u exercise, u MAKE money (calories) so u can decided to keep it in the bank (lose more weight) or spend some or all of it (on eating more).

hope that i m making it clearer for u. good luck!i
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're already set to lose weight without exercise, as you burn way more than 1200 calories just living and going about your day. MFP will deduct 250 calories for every half pound you choose as your rate from your maintenance (that amount of calories they believe you burn a day) up until you hit the 1200 calorie floor.