What weight loss tablets helped you???

Options
I know I'll get a lot of people wanting to say none work or don't do it! But I'm at a desperation point! I want to hear what others have tried.
I have already lost 50lbs. But need to lose more. I just want to shift a few more pounds then carry on as normal! I've been waiting to see 12 stone for a very long time! But I've hit a brick wall for a couple months at 13.7stone!
Can I get anything from Holland and Barratt perhaps??? (UK)
I feel desperate and obsessed and demotivated but not wanting to give up!!!

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    If they are legal, they don't work and if they work, they aren't legal (and highly dangerous!)

I've tried a few (prescription and OTC) and ended up with liver problems. It's just not worth it.

How long have you been stuck at your current weight? Are you logging your food accurately using correct database entries? Are you working out? Do you eat back your exercise calories?

If you don't have a lot left to lose, it will be even hard to shift the weight and you will need to be the more diligent and persistent and careful with your intake/output.

Giving up is never an option as it would mean, in the worst case, going back to where you were. You might not yet be where you want to be, but you're most certainly in a better place than you where. Keep going. Be patient. Be accurate. Be persistent.

You can do this!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There are no brick walls in weightloss. You just need to be precise and consistent. Tighten up your logging and be patient.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, I was idling about on the Holland and Barrett site looking for vit supplements and clicked through to the weight loss aid bit out of curiosity... just from the reviews, it seems like all the pills don't work and aren't worth the £20+ you have to spend on a box of them.

A couple of them work along the lines of filling you up with fibre - but to be honest, you can do that by upping fibre intake from your food. Better yet, protein/fats will fill you up better.
  • Lauramumto4
    Lauramumto4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok ok! Thank you guys! I won't bother with the pills!!! I'm just so frustrated! I've been stuck for about 2 months.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Ok ok! Thank you guys! I won't bother with the pills!!! I'm just so frustrated! I've been stuck for about 2 months.

Get a food scale. Be diligent with it for 2 weeks. Reevaluate and adapt your intake depending on your results.