quick easy protein when travelling

Options
Hi Guys ,
Any thoughts on whats the top choices for quick and easy carry protien while travel .For now I use
1) carry protein powder in bag
2) Maxi Muscle Promax LeanBar

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Powder sachets would be handier than a tub, but expensive. Beef jerky would be easy, and another alternative to powders and bars.

• Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nut butter sachets, boiled eggs, beef jerky.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Misssynth wrote: »
    Nut butter sachets, boiled eggs, beef jerky.

Nut butter is more of a fat source... I wouldn't be trying to rely on it for a decent protein hit!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Sampler sachets of protein mix are quite handy for travelling, I get some from MyProtein everytime I am ordering my powdered greens or main protein mix to keep handy for when I am travelling on business. Usually they have some sort of 30% discount going on so it only costs an extra £1 or so on my order.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I take my protein powder with me.
  • amtbhatnagar
    amtbhatnagar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thanks I can't have beef , in bars is there any specific or Maxi Muscle Promax LeanBar fine
    Powder sachets would be handier than a tub, but expensive. Beef jerky would be easy, and another alternative to powders and bars.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    thanks I can't have beef , in bars is there any specific or Maxi Muscle Promax LeanBar fine

I don't really eat them... I'd just go for the one you a) like the taste of, and b) has best protein bang for buck. If I had to eat bars I'd probably go with quest...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Quest bars
    jerky (there is chicken and turkey jerky out there, not to mention buffalo and ostrich)
  • amtbhatnagar
    amtbhatnagar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks that's helpful
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    Quest bars
    jerky (there is chicken and turkey jerky out there, not to mention buffalo and ostrich)

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Check out Chef's cut jerky and OSTRIM (I think is their name)
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein bars . The ones in the stores are mostly junk. I make them out of chocolate rice protein powder, rolled oats, ground flaxseed, pb fit powder, unsweetened almond milk, and use egg replacer (potato starch) as a binder. They are inexpensive and only take 15 minutes to make. All ingredients together cost me like 25¢ a bar.