Are you a widow ?

Options
pita7317
pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
I would like to chat with others that are dealing with this. In regards to under/over eating and how you have dealt with this terrible situation.

Replies

• pat0254
    pat0254 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was terrible for me too. It will be 9 years tomorrow, but in many ways it can seem like only yesterday. Seriously, the more I changed things around the better I felt. I lost a lot of weight after my husband died, and it lasted for a couple years, then began my mission to lose weight again. It's an up and down situation, too many things pop up to distract me. I was faltering until recently when my son told me about the ketogenic diet, or Way of Life, as I see it now. Over the years I had developed neuropathy and arthritis in my fingers and toes, and I had high blood pressure for years. I have tried everything to lower my blood pressure and figured I was just stuck with the neuropathy. The burning in my fingers was the worst thing I dealt with at times. I've had it maybe 7 years. I start keto because i saw the success my son had in slimming down, he's in the Coast Guard. Status, not only have I dropped about 12 lbs, my blood pressure is going down. I started 3 weeks ago, and I was on 2 pills a day. I now take 1 pill a day and have hope to get off pills altogether. The neuropathy in my hands and feet is also going away, I am getting back feeling, more and more as the days go by. They had become so numb. The keto diet, and you can learn more about it on YouTube.com. look for Dr. Westman, keto diet and see countless people who have had success on it. The keto diet is a whole new way to look at diets but it's working for me and very good for our bodies. Too much crap is in all the sugars and carbs we've been eating, and we are what we eat. If your interested please check it out.
  • pat0254
    pat0254 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The nice part about it is in not hungry usually, the fat I eat keeps me satisfied
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hi Pat. Thanks for telling me your story. Wow. Interesting about your fingers and toes. I have had one finger/thumb numb for close to a year now, just the tip of them. Just keep waiting for it to go away ? I lost some weight after losing my husband but back to goal range now. I see posts about the keto diet, will look into it more. Just trying at this point to eat well, plenty of protein but somewhat of a struggle to do so.