Start 30 day shred tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    HI, I'd like to do it too! I bought the DVD and need to actually use it now!
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Woohoo!!!
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Woohoo!!!

Almost forgot - feel free to add me. =)
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me (feel free to add me!)

For those of you who aren't burning a lot, are you super fit??! I use my Polar HRM and I am burning ~320 cals in the 25 minutes it takes to do a session!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options

For those of you who aren't burning a lot, are you super fit??! I use my Polar HRM and I am burning ~320 cals in the 25 minutes it takes to do a session!

I use a Polar and normally get between 200-250, but I take at least 70 off for cals I would of burned in that half an hour anyway. Today I only managed 250, 150 for the shred and a 100 for 20 mins ab work after :(

I am not all that fit, have worked out most days for over a year, but I have a heart problem where it goes too fast, so tend to burn quite a bit. Height and weight, makes a difference. I am 5ft 5 and 142lb.
  • jessikas5
    jessikas5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got the DVD today so I will do it tonight.
  • Ciara1977
    Ciara1977 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just finished day 1. I have take some before pics. so I will hopefully see a big difference when I retake my photos in 30 days.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I got 80 cals lol!!!! My hrm is fantastic but with one lil exception it is soooooo miserly with calories! I did 28 mins with 2kg weights I sweated n I'll ache tomoz n for 80 cals pfft! Till tomorrow guys x
  • thomma12
    thomma12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Perfect timing - good luck all!
  • lrbarr
    lrbarr Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! Hope everyone got started today with your DVD... if I hadn't posted that I was going to start, I may have put off starting... again!
    Today was good... 5lbs weights and level 1. How long should I do level one? Any experts out there.
    Let's all keep in touch and post how you are doing!
    L
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Its 30 days with 3 levels. I plan to do 10 days at each level. :)
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1! Wanted to die about halfway through! Excited for day 2 tomorrow!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi guys day 2 done! calf still a bit twangy but hey! and those piggin side lunges with weights were HARD today..... anyone else have difficulty NOT putting their knee over their toes when doind squats? I find it really really hard. but it is done and first thing in the morning..... hoping to cycle this evening after work on my home trainer, but I have guests in the house so its kinda noisy, would i be mad to redo the 30ds this evening????????? by the way 84 poxy measly piggin calories my hrm gave me IT HATES ME lol!!!!!!!

good luck one and all! I gotta work!
  • sallycinnamon1
    Options
    Really pleased I saw this thred, as I too coincidently started shred yesterday. I am aching a bit today but still looking forward to doing more later today. Only thing is that i haven't got any weights - yesterdat i didn't use anything but i think today i will try some tins, do you think that'll be ok for now? Good luck everyone, we can do it!! I really liked how encouring jillian is!!
  • Zelma81
    Zelma81 Posts: 16
    Options
    Day two complete, I felt so sore this morning think I need to do some extra stretching.

@sallycinnamon1 I did 30DS before without weights and still had good results
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down, plus 2 x 10 min cardio circuits.

I can feel it eeeek
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Can i join? I just started today with level 1.
    I haven't used my dumbbells in ages and the smallest I could find was 7 lb, so that is what i used for the back, chest and biceps exercises. My shoulders are way too weak, and I could do the exercises with the 7 lb, so I just did those without weights. I also can not do regular push-ups, so i just did the girly ones, with the knees on the floor. I know I have a set of 5lb dumbbells somewhere,. I have to dig them out by tomorrow.
    I have realized biking strengthen my legs, but my my upper body is a joke. I always thought that lifting my 35lb toddler made me stronger, but I guess it is only effect the biceps nothing else.

BTW, how do you record your workouts? 30 min circuit cardio? any other idea?
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 and day 2 :)

the hardest part of level 1 for me is circuit 3 with the side lunge and shoulder lifts.. I can do about 5 before my shoulders start BURNING! but I guess if we didnt feel the burn then we wouldnt be working hard enough :)

see you tomorrow for day 3!
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2! I also did 25 min of EA Sports Active. I had the hardest time with the first circuit of strength training. Those push-ups are killers! It can only get better, though! Good job everyone! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • Zelma81
    Zelma81 Posts: 16
    Options
    No updates on here for a while how is everyone getting on?