Body fat percentage chart/graphic?

Options
Someone recently posted a graphic that shows people with various body fat percentages and what lifestyle you need to maintain to look like that. I would like to show it to my friend, but it's now buried in the forums. Does someone have it/could someone repost it?

Replies

• mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    here you go bud, nothing about lifestyle tho lol

But it is not accurate, someone with 18% bodyfat with plenty of muscle will look more ripped than let's say someone with 14% bodyfat with little muscle.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My favorite for guys is 10-15%
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Totally agree with you on that!

Also, looking at those pictures, I've lost almost 15%BF. Another 10% to go and I will have halved my BF%...
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

yeah, 6-8% is the part in which you look like crap and feel bad a little, get cold, having some issues, and your face looks like you were possessed by a demon, plus it's not sustainable by natural lifters. healthy range is about 14-20% tho (I read that on articles, feel free to disagree)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, the above PN chart ^^^^
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

yeah, 6-8% is the part in which you look like crap and feel bad a little, get cold, having some issues, and your face looks like you were possessed by a demon, plus it's not sustainable by natural lifters. healthy range is about 14-20% tho (I read that on articles, feel free to disagree)

I also don't like the look of guys that look like "they are trying too hard".
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I believe you mean the chart that is part of this article:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/cost-of-getting-lean

THIS! Thank you!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I want six pack abs.....:-(
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Just Google "body fat pictures." You'll get an endless supply of images. Just pick your favorite. This is what I just came up with:

https://www.google.com/search?q=body+fat+pictures&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQ162e0erTAhWKqlQKHdzTCTcQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=943
  • BullishBull
    BullishBull Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is the information accurate? Seems to be a bit heavy on the cardio for 15% BF and below for males. Most guys I've spoken to prefer to do minimal cardio or avoid it altogether.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Is the information accurate? Seems to be a bit heavy on the cardio for 15% BF and below for males. Most guys I've spoken to prefer to do minimal cardio or avoid it altogether.

Not sure what info you're referring to but, for men to achieve visible abs, they need to be at least 15% BF to begin to see them and around 10% BF for the abs to become defined. That's what happened in my case; I was at 10% at based on my hydro test last month. Too far below 10% is really only for competitive body builders and is not sustainable or healthy in the long run.

As for cardio, it's just a means to an end. While there are respiratory and other health benefits, the purpose of cardio in weight loss and/or physique development is to achieve the calorie burn. If you don't overeat and accurately monitor your food intake (and you have no need for the other health benefits), then there's no real need for cardio.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

Not sure what info you're referring to but, for men to achieve visible abs, they need to be at least 15% BF to begin to see them and around 10% BF for the abs to become defined. That's what happened in my case; I was at 10% at based on my hydro test last month. Too far below 10% is really only for competitive body builders and is not sustainable or healthy in the long run.

As for cardio, it's just a means to an end. While there are respiratory and other health benefits, the purpose of cardio in weight loss and/or physique development is to achieve the calorie burn. If you don't overeat and accurately monitor your food intake (and you have no need for the other health benefits), then there's no real need for cardio.

That's simply not true. I have visible abs and way more than 15% BF... they aren't pretty, but they're clear and visible.
  • BullishBull
    BullishBull Posts: 21 Member
    Options

It says for males wanting to achieve 15 to 10% BF you should aim to do 45 to 60 minutes of cardio a day 5 to 7 days a week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

It says for males wanting to achieve 15 to 10% BF you should aim to do 45 to 60 minutes of cardio a day 5 to 7 days a week.

What says that and where? What link/article are you looking at, in other words?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    From one of the links above.
    ihuk9pg3jjkp.png
  • jemhh
    Options
    From one of the links above.
    ihuk9pg3jjkp.png

I feel like I must be blind today or something because I don't see anything about cardio on that or on the table in the article itself.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    That doesn't say cardio, though. If that's what you (or whomever) are referring to. It just says exercise 60-75 minutes daily, with 4-5 of those breaking a sweat. That could (and likely will) include strength training.
  • jemhh
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    That doesn't say cardio, though. If that's what you (or whomever) are referring to. It just says exercise 60-75 minutes daily, with 4-5 of those breaking a sweat. That could (and likely will) include strength training.

Thank you! I was looking and looking for the word "cardio" and could not find it.