How do you recover from bad diet day?

Options
Do you restrict additional calories the day(s) after? Exercise more? Just Curious... If I go over my calories by a lot I'll only eat about 500 caps the next day

Replies

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Exercise more and try to eat less the next few days
  • natthefrenchone
    natthefrenchone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I carry on as usual, still losing weight. Had a few days where I was way over.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Yup, carry on as usual. I'd rather have to diet for an extra week instead of suffering through a 500 calorie day.

^Agree
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tjsims88 wrote: »
    Do you restrict additional calories the day(s) after? Exercise more? Just Curious... If I go over my calories by a lot I'll only eat about 500 caps the next day

How much are you going over if you need to restrict that much the next day?! :huh:
  • tjsims88
    tjsims88 Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

How much are you going over if you need to restrict that much the next day?! :huh:

Yesterday I had 2300 calories when i supposee to have 1500/day
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Who cares. Just eat right today. Don't sweat it. Don't starve yourself. Just get back on the horse until she bucks ya again.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So you ate at maintenance for a day but felt the need to punish yourself? Why?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I think of it as running fuel/extra fuel in the tank and push a bit harder the following day. I may stick to the plan a bit tighter over the next few days, but one day isn't going to hurt in the grand scheme.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yup, carry on as usual. I'd rather have to diet for an extra week instead of suffering through a 500 calorie day.

^Agree

^^Agreed.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I eat more on weekends (maintenance) and less on weeks days. Use a schedule, or allow a cheat meal if needed, but don't go too low....and then cycle back to too high.

This planned schedule or planned "cheat" meal is nothing to kick yourself over.
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I pick myself up and just remember that it's only one day.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It's just one day.

Did you know that mfp calories aren't maintenance calories? You potentially have anywhere from 250-1000 calories before you hit maintenance (depending on how many pounds per week you selected to lose). It's unhealthy and unnecessary to eat 500 the next day.... just eat your normal calories and move on. One day is just a drop in the ocean.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Amen to that!