Time to GET RIGHT

Options
Hello all! Just looking to start a support group of people who just want to GET RIGHT. Whatever your goals on here, just come along to support, encourage and educate others. No demands, only requirement is positive vibes. I've fallen off the wagon too many times to count and I'm tired.

Replies

• Quanagettingfit34
    Quanagettingfit34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • byrd107
    byrd107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
    You're in! For a start, I'd like to keep the discussion open and see how many are interested in a group. The goal is to inspire each other on our journeys.
    Everyone can connect by becoming friends on here first. If anyone is willing, we can do Fitbit challenges together and share our progress and/or set backs.
  • byrd107
    Options
    lvlkfkenvhxz.png
  • byrd107
    Options
    sdv2grkcn1db.jpg
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm down for motivation. Also down for fitbit friends although not actually sure how to add them.

Stats:
    5'7

SW: 215
    GW: 140

CW: 182
  • byrd107
    Options
    Welcome ladies! What methods do you take to achieve your weight loss goals? Im in a Biggest Loser challenge on MFP right now. We are in our first week and increased water intake is the goal.
    I always do challenges @DapperDassie you have to find your link on the Fitbit website. Here is mine. Add me. @Quanagettingfit34 do you have a Fitbit?

//www.fitbit.com/user/52XHPQ
  • byrd107
    Options
    www.fitbit.com/user/52XHPQ
  • boogieavery
    boogieavery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I know I need a fitness tracker especially heart rate. I'm doing the Subway Challenge right now. The goal is to continue to log meals. sometimes I forget.
  • byrd107
    Options
    I
    I don't have a fitbit, but I know I need a fitness tracker especially heart rate. I'm doing the Subway Challenge right now. The goal is to continue to log meals. sometimes I forget.

I've had my Fitbit about 6 months now and love it. It helps me be accountable and pushes me especially when I do the challenges. I use it in conjunction with the MFP app and it really helps.
    I find that logging every morsel I put in my mouth makes me think twice about my food choices. I know that if I eat a candy bar I'm either going to have to work out more to burn it or skip on something else in order to keep within my calorie goal. I've been making efforts to choose the veggies instead of the fries as a side dish. It seems you can eat a whole field of veggies before it adds up to one serving of French fries lol.

• byrd107
    Options
    I'm down for motivation. Also down for fitbit friends although not actually sure how to add them.

Stats:
    5'7

Great job on your loss so far! What would you say has contributed the most to your success and what was the time span?
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    //www.fitbit.com/user/236V6N please feel free to add me :smiley:

I have had my fitbit for a couple of years, I love daily/weekly challenges it definitely keeps me moving.
    I have tried many diets most of them work but are hard to continue on long time basis.
    I did well with WW Lost 9kg! But always gained my weight back, Low carb diet was great but did miss bread so made one day a week to please myself what I ate. Lost 5kg! I now have 7kg to lose and I really do love MFP, I don't feel so pressured if I miss a days logging just get back on track the next day.
    I am going to try a few more challenges to keep me motivated

Good luck to you all :smile:
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Stats:
    5'3

SW: 73.4kg (161)
    GW: 65kg (143)

CW: 71.7kg (158)
  • boogieavery
    boogieavery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    byrd107 wrote: »
    I

I've had my Fitbit about 6 months now and love it. It helps me be accountable and pushes me especially when I do the challenges. I use it in conjunction with the MFP app and it really helps.
    I find that logging every morsel I put in my mouth makes me think twice about my food choices. I know that if I eat a candy bar I'm either going to have to work out more to burn it or skip on something else in order to keep within my calorie goal. I've been making efforts to choose the veggies instead of the fries as a side dish. It seems you can eat a whole field of veggies before it adds up to one serving of French fries lol.

i never thought of it that way. sometimes i forget or i'm just lazy with logging. but sitting at a desk all day with calls i don't really have an excuse.
  • byrd107
    Options
    AMS58 wrote: »
    //www.fitbit.com/user/236V6N please feel free to add me :smiley:

I have had my fitbit for a couple of years, I love daily/weekly challenges it definitely keeps me moving.
    I have tried many diets most of them work but are hard to continue on long time basis.
    I did well with WW Lost 9kg! But always gained my weight back, Low carb diet was great but did miss bread so made one day a week to please myself what I ate. Lost 5kg! I now have 7kg to lose and I really do love MFP, I don't feel so pressured if I miss a days logging just get back on track the next day.
    I am going to try a few more challenges to keep me motivated

Good luck to you all :smile:

Good job. Keep it up! Btw I love how you put it in kgs and lbs lol. I have to use my fingers and toes to do the conversions lol. You're exactly right whenever I forget to log or have a bad day, I just get right back the next day. I added you to Fitbit. I'll start a workweek hustle with those from this group. I need the motivation.
  • byrd107
    Options
    I

i never thought of it that way. sometimes i forget or i'm just lazy with logging. but sitting at a desk all day with calls i don't really have an excuse.

It gets easier to log once you make it a regular routine. When I have a bad day I look at my choices and just shake my head at myself like why did you have to have 2 pieces of toast? Could have substituted a piece of fruit and not gone over your calories.
  • byrd107
    Options
    qvratvmziodm.jpg
  • DapperDassie
    edited May 2017
    Options

Stats:
    5'7

Great job on your loss so far! What would you say has contributed the most to your success and what was the time span?

Thank you! I've been losing since January. In terms of what's actually causing the weight loss that would be meticulous calorie counting, daily exercise, and strength training 2 to 4 times a week. In terms of what's helped me actually stick to it this time I've been listening to weight loss hypnosis. I've struggled a lot with emotional eating and binge eating most of my life and have never been able to stick to an eating plan for more than a few weeks. I listen to a weight loss sleep hypnosis on youtube which goes on for 8 hours every night as well as listening to weight loss binaurual beats during the day. When i first started the hypnosis I didn't expect it to really work but thought I'd give it a try. It actually took my awhile to even realize it was the hypnosis that was helping me so much but realized after a few times when i would stop listening for a week and I'd start struggling with food again. So yeah hypnosis has been really helping me. I have chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia and the exercise, although hard in the moment, really helps in the long run. I want to be healthy for my daughter and that motivates me.

Also I started dating a personal trainer and that definitely helps :) we workout together
  • DapperDassie
    Options
    Sorry long reply
  • byrd107
    Options
    Sorry long reply

No apologies needed. You're story is very interesting. Never heard of hypnosis getting the job done.
  • byrd107
    Options
    I finally went grocery shopping today and stuck with my plan. Mostly fruits and veggies, chicken, water and yogurt. No bad snacks. Didn't get to cook since I took my mother to dinner tonight. I go back to work tomorrow and plan to pack some fruits and yogurt and cook a meal to take.