Replies

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Can I join too?

About me
    I'm 39, mammy to 2 girls 4 and 3.
    I lost weight about 13 years ago, I've never been very overweight, just unhappy in my body and my BMI was in the overweight category. I've gained and lost weight so much over the years and then infertility and then pregnancies I gained a lot. This year I decided that my 'baby' was going to be 3 and I could no longer call my excess weight baby weight!!
    I've lost nearly a stone this year and have 7-8lbs to go, my biggest aim however is to ensure that healthy eating and exercise play an important role in my life and my daughters lives.
    I'm 5'5 and weigh 138.4
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join a thread full of positivity!! I struggle with mental health and so don't weigh myself regularly as it doesn't usually go well for me. Instead I concentrate on how I feel mentally and physically and how my clothes fit. I want shopping yesterday and stocked up on plenty of meat, veggies, fruit and snacks (my other half came with me and kept sneaking them into the trolley). I've put all of his snacks in an empty cupboard in the kitchen. I know where they are if I really need them but I'm hoping that not seeing them every time I open the cupboard will help
  • byrd107
    byrd107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mrssunshine78 and @lolliopopsnrainbows! Great to see more come along and join us.
    Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers!
    @mrssunshine78 that's a great goal to gain a healthy lifestyle and pass it to the babies. That's my goal. Not just weight loss.
    @lolliopopsnrainbows that's a great idea to keep the bad stuff out of sight.
    Small steps ladies that's the only way we will get there.
  • byrd107
    Options
    This is week 1 of the BIGGEST LOSER competition and I'm down 4lbs! I think it's mostly water weight but I am making small changes that I hope will stick with me for a lifetime.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss @byrd107
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's fab @byrd107, congratulations!!

I've just made myself some yummy hot porridge to set myself up for the day as I'm terrible at skipping breakfast and then eating junk for the rest of the day! It's worth a try at least!!
  • byrd107
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    @lolliopopsnrainbows they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I do find that when I plan and have a balanced breakfast, the rest of the day goes smoothly. I think it's because I don't starve myself and then binge eat the rest of the day.
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fitbit friends from MFP would be good!
  • byrd107
    Options
    d8nni wrote: »
    Fitbit friends from MFP would be good!

I agree. I've posted my user link. Add me or post your link. We can start challenges.