Newbie and need some encouraging words!!

Options
HELLO!! I'm super excited to be starting this journey! I currently live in Washington state, where summer decided not to come to this year. :( It's really cold here, while other starts are sweltering... weird, but whatever!!

I'm a stay at home mom to all boys, aged 8, 4 and 2. They are sweeties! I currently weigh 147lbs, and would love to get to 125 or even 120. I was 125 when I got married in 2000, which actually isn't THAT bad, considering I've had 3 babies, 3 pregnancies, and am only 22 lbs more... but, I feel like I look horrible, and know I can look and feel better. I enjoy working out (when I do it) and I enjoy eating healthy, it's just getting the 2 together, and getting off my fat butt and actually doing it!

So, PLEASE send the weight-loss fairy dust my way!! I went to a ZUMBA class on Saturday and it was AWESOME! (although I'm not sure how to track it on here... it didn't pull up, any suggestions for that??). To get to 125 lbs, I need to lose about 1.5 lbs a week, if I don't get to goal, and just lose weight, I'm happy with that. My all time goal is to look good in a bikini.. I never had been comfortable with wearing one, but I know I could look cute in one... so, that's my GOAL by next summer!!

Please share your story with me! I LOVE talking to people and getting to know others~ So send me a message!! I also love checking out before and after pictures. SUCH an inspiration to me!!

Chat with you soon!!

:wink: Denise

Replies

• nicolette311
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on getting started on this journey! Keep on using this tool everyday, b/c let me tell you, if you don't log in one day, it turns into 2, then 3, and well...you'll start noticing you're not keeping track of your caloric intake, anyways, just drink lots of water, make sure you're taking in enough calories, don't starve yourself, eat lots of little meals all day! You'll be surprised how quick the 1st ten come off! I've been on here since March and I'm down 37 pounds! Good luck!
  • bagpipebecky03
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!! Good luck!
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me!! I know I can always use the help of others!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Today is my first day. My ulimate goal is to lose 60lbs but I put myself on a goal of 40 lbs right now so I don't get discouraged.
    I just got married 2 months ago and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. In the past 7 years... I was comfortable, ate out A LOT and drank every weekend. I ended up gaining 59lbs and I am now misrable, out of shape and very self concious. I am motivated to lose this weight. My best friend has been on here and has lost an amazing 70lbs by calorie counting on here and the app on her phone as well as workig out 4-5 times a week. She looks great and is my inspiration that I can do it too! So here I am... day one... ready to go, get healthy and happy! :bigsmile:
    wish me luck!!! :flowerforyou: