Confused and discouraged

Options
I am a 35 yr old mom of 2. I was 106 pds at 5'5" til mid twenties. I am now 250 pds. I just dont understand all these good fats vs bad fats, good carbs vs bad carbs and so on. I have tried to lose weight before but I get discouraged and lose motivation. I love food, clearly a little too much. What makes it worse us my husband is skinny and eats like a horse. Hate watching him eat "the good crappy stuff" while i eat "the crappy good stuff". Any advice, words of wisdom...recipes...anything?

Replies

• beachme14
    beachme14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Other than making sure I hit my protein goal for the day, I don't worry about anything but calories right now. And while it sounds hard (but isn't!), accurately measuring and weighing what you eat is the key. I absolutely love what you said about the crappy good stuff vs the good crappy stuff. Lol
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on your husbands eating, focus on your own.

Eat any food you like but keep within your calories.
  • nicolefimbel
    nicolefimbel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Great advice! I think i try to focus on too much in the beginning. Focusing on calories and water intake right now.
  • zahnbie
    zahnbie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the husband being skinny and eating like a horse. When we first met I was eating about as much as him and gained a lot of weight. Now I eat about 1/2 of what my husband does!! What helps me is using small plates. We'll both have a bowl of ice cream - he'll have a big bowl and I'll use a toddler/baby size bowl. I don't feel left out or like I'm denying myself this way. Good luck to you!!
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    zahnbie wrote: »
    I hear you on the husband being skinny and eating like a horse. When we first met I was eating about as much as him and gained a lot of weight. Now I eat about 1/2 of what my husband does!! What helps me is using small plates. We'll both have a bowl of ice cream - he'll have a big bowl and I'll use a toddler/baby size bowl. I don't feel left out or like I'm denying myself this way. Good luck to you!!

I'm same way. My husband is tall and I am a shorty. He used to make up my plate with food and he'd divide everything in half...which would drive me nuts! I can't eat the same as him. Nor can he eat the same as me because he'd starve. When we have ice cream, like you he'll have a bowl and I'll have a mug. Portion sizes are not the same for every adult, they have to be adjusted to match the height and sex of the person.