12346»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Spirits as above with diet mixers.

And a bottle of wine is "only" 500 calories. Not that I ever drink a bottle of wine in one sitting or anything........

A bottle of wine lasts me many months a pleasant few hours in the afternoon.

FTFY.

For Tiny Dancer and Ann - Ballast Point has a great selection of tasty offerings! I haven't tried the Grapefruit Sculpin yet -- almost entirely because I have been shying away from higher ABV beers for a bit, and when I think grapefruit + ale I gravitate to the Otra Vez. Now (especially with warming weather) I will have to try it promptly!

I need to try the Otra Vez - I'm loving the (faint) grapefruit + hops combo (especially citra hops). I like some of the other Sierra Nevadas. And I need to add a lower ABV option to my rotation, much as I love my sturdy ABV beers . . . !

(Tonight was New Belgium Imperial Voodoo Ranger, at 9. No grapefruit, but still tasty.)

Oops, sorry, OP: Minor thread hijack!
  • shanimal16
    shanimal16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tequila shots anyone?!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    When I do drink, which is not often, I go with Titos vodka and club soda. I ask them to make it light, so about 3/4 of a shot. I think it comes in at about 80 cals. So I have 2.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

And a bottle of wine is "only" 500 calories. Not that I ever drink a bottle of wine in one sitting or anything........

A bottle of wine lasts me many months.

Opened wine? For months? Ouch, that's like straight vinegar or nasty something. I don't keep a bottle more than a few days, using my favorite stopper (with an air pump). I have a habit of spending a lot of money on a good bottle of wine though, so I agree with the edit of a bottle of wine lasting a few hours lol.

As for harder stuff, I like Kraken and Coke (if it fits into my day) or gin and diet ginger ale.

Thanks for the guidance. Perhaps I need to start buying smaller bottles. My main point though is that consumption of any type of alcohol in our house is quite conservative.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »

A bottle of wine lasts me many months a pleasant few hours in the afternoon.

FTFY.

For Tiny Dancer and Ann - Ballast Point has a great selection of tasty offerings! I haven't tried the Grapefruit Sculpin yet -- almost entirely because I have been shying away from higher ABV beers for a bit, and when I think grapefruit + ale I gravitate to the Otra Vez. Now (especially with warming weather) I will have to try it promptly!

I need to try the Otra Vez - I'm loving the (faint) grapefruit + hops combo (especially citra hops). I like some of the other Sierra Nevadas. And I need to add a lower ABV option to my rotation, much as I love my sturdy ABV beers . . . !

(Tonight was New Belgium Imperial Voodoo Ranger, at 9. No grapefruit, but still tasty.)

Oops, sorry, OP: Minor thread hijack!

I happen to have a six-pack of New Belgium Citradelic - 6% ABV -in the fridge that a friend brought over and that we'll consume in a bit. If only he had brought some Grapefruit Sculpin - I'd not be responsible for buying it; it'd be only 1% higher ABV; and therefore the calories wouldn't count!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    shanimal16 wrote: »
    Tequila shots anyone?!

That is seriously my go to for imbibing when being stricter around calorie targets. I don't actually "do shots", but instead order (or pour at home) a double of a nice reposado or anejo tequila, sip it over a bit of time rather than shoot it, and then drink water before I'm allowed to have another.
  • sararodriguez71285
    sararodriguez71285 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Once a week(on my cheat days/rest) I have 1 to 3 drinks of vodka with seltzer water and a lime wedge. Toma! And I still have been losing weight. It's called balance
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged the recipes into my MFP yet, but beyond preference and taste, here are some of my picks for gentleman's whiskey concoctions.

Whiskey w/ Cran-Grape and/or Seltzer
    Kentucky Coffee
    White Russian
    Black Russian
    Sazerac
    The Old Fashion
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    This keeps coming up. You got to watch the booze pretty closely to lose weight.