30DS-L1 Done! NSV & Progress Pic

Options
gelleebean44
gelleebean44 Posts: 22 Member
This is my 1st time posting pics in the forum so I hope I get it right. And I NEVER thought I'd post pics of my tummy...EVER!...but I'm proud of my results so far so I thought I'd share for anyone who is just starting their journey to a healthier life like I did 3 wks ago when I joined MFP (@ 227 lbs).

SOME BACKGROUND (in case you're interested):
I've always been a big girl, but never a wallflower. I never worked out before except for walking a few days/wk if I had the time or energy. My life was pretty unhealthy for the longest time - I was a severe workaholic, my life revolved around my Blackberry, I ate 1 (if lucky, 2) meals a day which usually involved a drive-thru, something breaded & deep-fried and/or around 10-11pm after I finished working. I have high blood pressure & I'm on daily meds for it (hopefully not for long?). I broke my leg & tore ligaments in my knee twice in '08...it became a running joke that I should just "bedazzle" my crutches since they became a permanent accessory! LOL

I was also involved in a very unhealthy relationship for 5 yrs which added 40+lbs (almost 250 lbs) by the time I finally found the strength/courage to end it a couple yrs ago. It was easy to run to the comfort of food when your siginifcant other always says things like "You'd look so much better if you had a boob job" or "If only your *ss was like Serena Williams- Man, you'd look hot!" The donut/chips/cake/ice cream never criticized me or made me feel bad...or so I thought!

Since then, my spirit is healed & lifted. I've learned to forgive others, most importantly myself. I lost over 20 lbs. I'm feeling so much happier & after an amazing 12-yr career, I'm no longer w/the same company. I also packed up all of my Ex's belongings (including his suits, coats, watch, Playstation & games) and donated them to Goodwill :happy: I originally wanted to have a "Waiting to Exhale" moment and burn his belongings in his BMW, but 1) I'm better than that, 2) there are hopefully people out there who needed or are enjoying these items and 3) he took his car so I had nowhere to safely burn his *kitten*! LOL

SINCE JOINING MFP:
My BFF joined MFP earlier this yr & inspired me to do the same - I've made so many great changes these last couple of yrs, it was time to have the outside match the inside! :smile: I've been making much better food choices, working out w/30DS & Zumba & going for the occasional walks at the beach (when the heat isn't melting my skin off! Lol). I'm learning as I go, making mistakes every now & then, but still pushing forward. I did 30DS-L1 for 15 days, modified some movements at the beginning, and just started L2 yesterday. I couldn't believe how much stronger I felt & was so proud when I could keep up w/the movements by D7-8 (after which I increased the weights, so I added an add'l 5 days).

RESULTS SO FAR:
I'm 5'8" & I've lost 10 lbs and 7" (mostly in in the torso & thigh areas). I'm re-learning how to eat when I'm hungry and not out of boredom. I LOVED drinking pop alot, and I'm proud to say I've only had 1 can of pop since I joined MFP-water has become my best friend. Clothes have become looser, I see traces of my old friend Mr. Collarbone, coming back for a visit, and I'm seeing cuts on my legs/thighs that were non-existent for several yrs. Still a long way to go, but I'm happy w/the progress so far.

Posting this is one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I'm challenging myself to try & step out of my comfort zone. And I figured, if there's a place to share my progress so far (to help motivate others & feel proud at the same time), MFP must be it. Reading the success/progress stories have been so motivating for me, I thought I'd share too.

Good luck on your journeys, everyone! You deserve to celebrate every single one of your victories! *So sorry for the long post!

1r86r6.jpg

Replies

• joyfulmommaof2
    joyfulmommaof2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up! :)
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference!!! I understand what it's like to have been in an unhealthy relationship and then becoming unhealthy myself.. You're doing an awesome job keep up the great work!!!! And keep your head up! =)
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! I am very proud of you!!! You are a true inspiration for many women out there!!! Keep it up!!!
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    u look great keep up the good work!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    And that's after only 15 days! Killer results, nice job! :)
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Wow you can see the difference in your shoulders, arms and tummy, amazing job, thanks for sharing, you are an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    look at that definition just after level 1...impressive! You go girl
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Nice improvements in only 15 days. I'm thinking about getting 30DS and your pics are helping to encourage me!
  • Danita_1973
    Danita_1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! So proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone! You can definitely see results!! Good for you! :)
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Wow that is amazing go you!!! Well done for taking a positive step to change all area's of your life! Sometimes the change is little or is slow but every little bit makes up for the end result! Goodluck on your journey your results are def speaking for themselves!! You should be very proud of yourself!! :)
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I too was in a very unhealthy relationship for over 8 years. Been out of it awhile. You look great. I can definitely see the definition in your upper abs. I am switching to Level 2 on 30ds tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

Wishing you much success on your continued journey.

Dana
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE !!!!!
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Girl, you totally rock! That's amazing! I had 30DS and I haven't been very consistent with it. But after seeing your results, I'm committing to it! Your story is amazing and I think it's awesome that you finally are taking some time for you! I know that's hard for a lot of us out here. Keep going!!!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! I just started on Saturday.... started a video blog if you want to check it out. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbjWvbiBXfI
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Amazing :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I can see the difference.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Very noticable difference. Good job.
  • gelleebean44
    gelleebean44 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Wow-MFP peeps are so amazing! For those who are thinking about starting 30DS, just do it. Try it and I'm sure you'll love it. I also included a profile pic...didn't know how to edit my post so I'm adding it below:

Profile pic
    34sphxw.jpg
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...keep up the great work...congrats
  • NeverStopRunning
    Options
    Wow! That's a big difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!