Zumba or Turbokick?

Options
Hey everyone. I go to teh 24 hour fitness gym and I'm trying to decide which class to try out. What did u guys like better Zumba or Turbokick? does anyoen also know how many calories these sessions usually burn?

Replies

• rebeccahadel
    Options
    Definitely zumba. I usually burn around 800 calories in a one hour zumba class. My instructor says you can burn up to 1200. Hope this helps!
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    I take both classes and they are both cool. Turbokick is definitely more high impact then Zumba. Both of them take a while to figure out, the first couple times I took them I felt like a spastic uncoordinated idiot. But you do catch on. Zumba is based on Latin dancing, so if you like dancing, try it out. Turbokick is based on kickboxing, so there are a lot of punches and kicks. If you want to ease into a class Zumba would be easier, but if you want a challenge, try Turbokick. Or take both.

Under the Cardiovascular exercise, I use dancing, aerobic for Zumba and kickboxing for Turbokick, and according to that I burn around 500 cals for Zumba and almost 1000 for Turbokick, but have no idea how accurate that is. Good luck!
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    I go back and forth so I don't get bored. I prefer Zumba b/c I secretly wish I could dance, but turbokick is fun, too.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Most def Zumba!!! I burn like 900 to 1,000 in Zumba it's so fun!!
  • Najah5150
    Options
    I go to 24 hour also...and I've taken both classes. Hands down..I like Turbo Kick better than Zumba. I take Turbo Kick at least 3 times a week. Depending on the moves....I burn anywhere from 600-900 cals in an hour.

Naj
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    I go to 24 hour also...and I've taken both classes. Hands down..I like Turbo Kick better than Zumba. I take Turbo Kick at least 3 times a week. Depending on the moves....I burn anywhere from 600-900 cals in an hour.

Naj

how do i figure out how much i would burn based on my age and weight? o-o
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA! I just did it tonight. I wish my gym had it every day....I'd be there! But sadly its only 3 times a week...
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I Love Zumba! According to my heart rate monitor i burn approx 650 calories in an hour!! =)

I must have a look into this turbokick class too tho!
  • thenebean9
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! I just became an instructor about a month and a half ago! It's so much fun and you don't really realize you're working out! Just dancing and having a grand ol' time :D

I've never tried turbokick, so my opinion is a little biased ;)
  • jp11487
    Options
    You should do BOTH. You should do Turbo one day, and Zumba the next and alternate. Cross training is GREAT for your health and helps you when you avoid plateauing. :)
  • o4itsme
    o4itsme Posts: 16
    Options
    I have had great experiences with both. On a day like today when both classes are offered an hour apart I find it hard to decide which one to go to! Decisions decisions. I say try both you might end up liking them for different reasons. :)
  • sscubfan
    sscubfan Posts: 2
    Options
    since Zumba isn't in the exercise database, how do you know the number of calories you burn?? i take it three times a week and i have been entering high impact aerobics for 90 minutes just to get 785 calories. i'm sure i'm burning more but how do i log it correctly??
  • divasaint
    divasaint Posts: 8
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Just found this, guys. Hope it helps x
  • ladydopeyy
    Options
    I do Zumba at home and burn up to 3000 calories in 2 hrs.
  • ladydopeyy
    Options
    I had the same problem so i added it to my exercises and it tells me I'm burning 1500 calories in an hour.
  • Janicejbox
    Options
    LOVE Turbo! Zumba is fun too, but if you are a member at 24, try SET... now that is good class! :smile: :smile =)
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Both are fun but TurboKick definitely burns more calories than Zumba because it's much more rigorous. I felt like zumba was just dancing and not really working out.. and my HRM said I burned way more in TurboKick. Good luck!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I haven't done Turbokick, but it sounds a lot like Body Combat - I do both, but if I HAD to choose I'd do zumba...on days where they are offered an hour apart, sometimes i'll do both...but I am kinda crazy haha

I see different good benefits from both - probably doesn't help much! sorry!

good luck and have fun!

ultimately, if you can try each once and see which you like better if you have to choose!