new here; and looking for others in their 40's :) :)

Options

Replies

• lynnie07
    lynnie07 Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome,
    I know what you mean. Your mind thinks your body can do anything and then, yeah no! I just turned 40 this year and sometimes I just don't want to know how bad it's going to become, lol! I know it isn't going to get better but I'm not going down without a fight. I do workout a lot, actually I think I'm more in shape than I've been in my late 20s. Me it's the eating part that is my weakness. If I start watching what I eat and follow my fitness routine, I loose like a mad woman... I just have to follow a good nutrition. Add me if you want some encouragement. We are all in this for the same reason, to be healthy and fit.

Lynn
  • zenart
    zenart Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today and am 48. For me the pounds have been creeping on for 3 years until I now don't recognize myself in pics. Metabolism is non existent, and even working out 4x per week last quarter in school did nothing. Hope this app and new found determination helps. Offering and seeking support!
  • Sonia43
    Sonia43 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I'm 43 and have finally decided I need to lose the extra 15lbs that have crept on slowly but surely over the years! Looking to get fit enough to run my first 5K in September, so please feel free to add me as a friend - I need all the support and encouragement I can get!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I also am new to MFP. I'm 46 and ready for a change in my health and lifestyle. Feel free to add me as a friend as well!
  • SweetTeaBlossom
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 40. Losing weight in our 40's is definitely an eye-opener. I have to work twice as hard for half the results, but like someone else said I'm not going down without a fight. I want to be healthy and strong, especially when menopause hits.

Anyone can add me if they like.

3138468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    welcome ill be 42 in a couple of weeks its taken me 3 years to lose 3 1/2 stone feel free to add me
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I am in the same boat at 44 :)

Chris
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    welcome. this is a great site. feel free to add me!

blessings.
  • staceeangel
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 40 in May and I figure now is as good a time as any to get healthy! I feel confident this site will help me to have a balanced diet, although I still have to figure out how to navigate through the site, but I'm open to friend requests to help me along!
  • Pistolcoach
    Pistolcoach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of my fellow "oldies" :O) I'm 41 and weight FAR more than I'd like. I have some physical limitations that i've struggled with (emotionally) but have recently gotten myself grounded and on a roll! STAYING motivated is probabnly the hard part. I've been on here for about a week.... My goal is to lose 60 lbs (i'm already down 4.5). Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend, the more support and encouragement the merrier!

41, single, no kids, with horrible knees.....
  • khjorth
    khjorth Posts: 1
    Options
    New here also - logged in today. Also in my 40's (42 next week)....needed a new tool that I could track my food intake with on my phone and so far this is a great site. Need to re-motivate to exercise again, did a sprint triathlon when I turned 40 and now life got busy and doing nothing. Would love some folks struggling to for motivation - never realized how much our bodies were going to change and what worked before "semi-easily" no longer does.
  • Msalford5
    Msalford5 Posts: 2
    Options
    :happy: Hi my cousin, husband, annd I joined about 3 weeks ago. I'm 49 and 60 lbs over weight. I don't want to be fat and 50 in October...
  • mverastegui
    mverastegui Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I m 43 and have experienced much the same things. Since turning 40, I have slowly gained about 25 lbs. I have been working at losing it for several weeks now, but it seems to go at a slow 1 lb. a week. Would definitely love the support of other ladies in the same boat! Please feel free to add me.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I will be 44 in a few weeks, and I feel the same way. I want to feel healthy and stay that way!
  • Tammy2bbetter
    Options
    I am almost 40 and I need support ....New to the site and I am hoping I can commit to making my changes I need!!
    How do you add friends?
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! This "getting older thing, slowing of the metabolism" is for the birds! I also could eat anything I wanted and my weight always stayed the same. Until my 40's! Ugh! (I'll be 44 on 8/8). So in the last couple of years I put, on an extra 10-15 lbs. I finally had it, and 55 days ago I joined Mfp, and I have now lost 12 pounds! Oh my gosh I'm LOVING it! I'm thinking I want to lose another 5 ish, so I'm getting really close! (I'm 5'8" by the way). My 16 year old daughter joined with me, and we have had a blast watching our food intake together! Every meal we plan, prepare, and eat together! Shes lost 12 also! It's a really fun challenge to reach our goals everyday. This web site has shown me the many errors of my ways....calories do add up, and it's about good healthy choices all day long! You can do this, it really works, and the support is amazing! Any of you on this thread, please feel free to add me! Up
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello Shels. Yep, the big 44. I read your bio and the first thing that caught me wasn't anything to do with this site or what it's about. You love photography !! I found my passion for photgraphy when my daughter was born. She is 5 now. Yes, we started late. I love shooting families, portraits, concerts, just about anything.
    As for being healthy, I made the change in May of this year. I've lost about 18 lbs and have around 6-8 more to go. I try to be a regular on this site for my own health and knowledge as well and supporting others. Feel free to add me and I can give you my website info if you want to see my work. Take care.......
  • Dezlyn67
    Dezlyn67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello just turned 44. Feel free to add me.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site. i am mid 40's and know how hard it can be to loose the weight, feel free to add mei f you like.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    I hear you. I'm 42. Feel free to add me!