Thoughts on pb 2

Options
How is the texture of pb 2 like?
It is powdered peanut butter which you add water to.
Is it like regular peanut butter in flavor?
I wanted to put it in crepes

Replies

• MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It has the right flavour, though not quite the same 'fatty' mouthfeel. It's great to give extra pb flavour without too many extra calories, such as in a pb milkshake or in a peanut sauce. I personally would rather just use normal pb on toast though.

Pb crepes sound delicious.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Powdered peanuts tastes like peanut butter (well, peanuts), but the texture is off. I wouldn't eat it alone or as a spread. I used to mix it with stuff like a smoothie or oatmeal where I don't think peanut butter would mix well (or to save calories, add protein).
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    treehills wrote: »
    to me, it tastes like peanut butter and the texture would depend on how much water you mix it with. putting it in crepes sounds delicious! i love pb2 with warmed up banana :)

Now I'm inspired to add pb2 powder to mashed bananas for crepes.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I add PB2 to yogurt and to green smoothies for flavor and protein. I simply do not add water and pretend it's peanut butter. For peanut butter, I use peanut butter.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of another brand. But I love powdered peanut butter so much that in the end it became just as "bad" as regular PB for me. Got no moderation skillz.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    How is the texture of pb 2 like?
    It is powdered peanut butter which you add water to.
    Is it like regular peanut butter in flavor?
    I wanted to put it in crepes

My husband got a bunch of this stuff for free from work, bleh it's weird that's all I have to say. I prefer real peanut butter, the fat in it alone would probably make it taste better in a crepe.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is downright blasphemous around here lol, but I hate peanut butter, yet enjoy PB2. Especially when used in things, as mentioned above! I've never used it as a spread, but I imagine it would be good in crepes
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like it as mentioned earlier to but in smoothies or yogurt- I also make it as a spread and mix with sf jelly for sandwiches etc-
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Flavor = accurate
    texture = lacking

I like to mix it into chocolate protein powder (behold a reeses protein shake without buying a peanut butter flavored protein powder), dip apples in it, mix it into oatmeal, etc. Never tried it in a recipe though.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,371 Member
    Options
    I "discovered" it on here a few weeks ago & got some regular & chocolate & I use them both. I like it!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I love it as a recipe ingredient (Mixed in yogurt, protein cheesecake, Asian noodle dishes, etc), but I never use it “rehydrated” as a spread (Peanut butter sandwich, for example). As someone else mentioned, it has the flavor, but not the texture.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Been eating it for years and I absolutely love it.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Tastes flat on it's own (no fat, no sugar, no salt to yum it up)... but I will use occasionally in waffles/smoothies/with fruit or jam on something.
    Kinda how I feel about almond milk- keep some handy in case of apocalypse food shortage, lol.
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't that the texture is far off enough for it to matter to me. It's a really great substitute in recipes, however. I like to make a peanut butter thai type of noodle dish, and PB2 works perfectly; can't tell the difference.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Bought some to try it out over a year ago. Haven't used it since. Should throw the bag out but that goes against my frugal nature.

Good to use when you want to add peanut "flavor," but it does not taste the same as REAL peanut butter and nothing can make it so. There just isn't any substitute for the REAL thing.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I use it in pancakes or waffles, in hubby's oatmeal, and in baking. I don't like the texture mixed with water and used as a spread, tho.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I mix it with all sorts of things like oatmeal, smoothies, yogurt, popcorn, cottage cheese.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,418 Member
    Options
    CTcutie wrote: »
    Tastes flat on it's own (no fat, no sugar, no salt to yum it up)... but I will use occasionally in waffles/smoothies/with fruit or jam on something.
    Kinda how I feel about almond milk- keep some handy in case of apocalypse food shortage, lol.

The PB2 brand contains added sugar and salt. Not saying this is a bad thing (or a good one), just that it's fact.
  • xPia
    xPia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I enjoy PB2, though it's obviously not the same as regular peanut butter. One of my favorite snacks is diced apples tossed with some PB2. I also like to add a bit of water and use it as a topping for waffles (with a few Lily's dark chocolate chips because why not?).