Flat tummy tea

Options
Thoughts on flat tummy tea? Work for you? Weight loss? What's up!!

Replies

• choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Those teas are mainly a diuretic and laxative. You may lose water/waste weight, but not fat, and it will come back the minute you eat/drink again.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Poop tea won't make you lose weight. Set a reasonable target in MFP and stick to it.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The only thing you will lose is money and have a lighter wallet. Drinking tea is not a requirement on losing weight if you want to drink it go ahead, but all you need as others mentioned is a caloric deficit. I've lost almost 40 pounds and haven't even tried tea before. Good luck!!
  • 1merrie1
    1merrie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oolong tea, a form of real tea, increases metabolism by 12% according to the US Agricultural Research Service's Diet and Human Performance Laboratory. They found that one cup can help burn off 67 calories. It's cheapest at International stores. What does that mean? Well I need to watch my caffeine in the after noon so I can sleep at night, so I have my two cups of Oolong tea in the morning when all my friends are drinking their coffee. The flat tummy tea is something else. I think it's an herbal tea, but it's hard to find out what's in it, so I would save my money.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    1merrie1 wrote: »
    Oolong tea, a form of real tea, increases metabolism by 12% according to the US Agricultural Research Service's Diet and Human Performance Laboratory. They found that one cup can help burn off 67 calories. It's cheapest at International stores. What does that mean? Well I need to watch my caffeine in the after noon so I can sleep at night, so I have my two cups of Oolong tea in the morning when all my friends are drinking their coffee. The flat tummy tea is something else. I think it's an herbal tea, but it's hard to find out what's in it, so I would save my money.
    Can you provide a link, please?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

So over a period of 52 days or so you lose an extra pound by drinking Oolong?

To get the most benefits, drink oolong tea instead of other higher-calorie beverages, increase the amount of exercise you do, and follow a balanced, reduced-calorie diet. Oolong tea isn't a weight-loss miracle beverage that will cause you to lose large amounts of weight on its own. The weight loss in the study amounted to just a few extra pounds for most participants over the course of the six-week study.

So:
    *exercise
    *reduced - calorie diet

There is the real weight loss trick!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

https://agresearchmag.ars.usda.gov/2003/sep/tea

"It is universally accepted that caffeinated tea raises metabolic rate because caffeine is a stimulant."
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Amazingly, there is at least one article from an American journal on oolong. The secret ingredient is caffeine (and love, of course).

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/11/2848.full
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on flat tummy tea? Work for you? Weight loss? What's up!!

Thoughts? Save your money, buy yourself something else.