Calories left over- change settings?

Options
I consistently have between 600-700 calories left over at the end of the night and I'm not hungry. I have my goal set to lost .5 kg/week (1.1 lbs) and my actively level set to lightly active. I am consuming around 1600 calories during the day I'm not hungry at the end of the day so I don't want to eat more. Should I be changing my goal/actively level?
I work on my feet for 8 hours and ride my bike to and from work - that's why I chose lightly active.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How is your weight loss going? Are you logging your food as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale, choosing accurate entries, recipe builder for all homemade meals)?
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If you're truly eating only 900-1000 calories each day, that isn't enough. You need to eat more.
  • Mauiland01
    Mauiland01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you're truly eating only 900-1000 calories each day, that isn't enough. You need to eat more.

No I am eating 1600 a day roughly. I am allowed 2300 with my current weight. I am logging food religiously with proper serving sizes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you need to lose to reach a healthy BMI?
  • Mauiland01
    Options

100 lbs
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

100 lbs

Then, yeah, cut back to 1600. You can set your goals to "Lose 2 pounds per week" with that much to lose. Anywhere between whatever THAT amount is and your current allocation, will result in weight loss.

At some point you may instinctively feel 1600 is not the right amount, too. Just stay tuned in to your body.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Is that 1600 after exercise or before?
  • Mauiland01
    Options
    Is that 1600 after exercise or before?
    It was before exercise. I've only be biking so far and it's not burning much calories yet. I changed my goal and it's a more reasonable amount now. 1700. Thanks for everyone's help
  • Mauiland01
    Options
    Now that I have my help, how do I delete my question?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Now that I have my help, how do I delete my question?

Click the "Flag" button at the bottom of your initial post. Then choose "Report." There should be an option there for "This is my post and I wish to delete it" or something like that.