Bah! I need a hug...

Options
On my facebook memories today its been six years since i hit my WW goal of 135 pounds.

Now 70+ pounds heavier again, I'm back at it.

Its a little disheartening.

Replies

• rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    I always have a hug for anyone on WW.

If I you don't mind telling you my story. I've lost 100lbs. 60 on my own but had to join WW to lose the last 40. I started WW in April, 2006. I've never quit going to meetings. I still go 2-3 times per month and weigh in.

After 5 years at goal I managed to maintain without tracking. In other words, I initially tracked for 5 years. Because of the meeting, when I had difficult times maintaining I went back to tracking.
    Because they had changed the program, I had to start like it was day #1. This has happened twice. It always saved me from going more than 2 lbs over goal.

Why am I telling you this? WW tracking works. It's worked every time I've tried it.

Also, WW has a revolving door that they don't talk about. I've only joined once. I was stunned by the number of people losing, leaving, gaining it all back and returning. So you are not alone. Frankly, most people at my meeting think I'm kinda nuts, there's that guy whose been coming for 10 years.

Good luck. You can do this but if you want to keep it off you have to be willing do be different than most people. That's WW, MFP, or any WL program.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Be kind and do something nice for yourself.

If you did it once-you know it's not impossible.

Sending you virtual hugs-
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    {{virtual hug}} :)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs!
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sending a big hug, yes it sucks but you are back on it again so the weight is going to go away! and another encouraging hug is coming your way
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sending you a big hug and commiserating!! I too managed to slim down a few years ago and have found myself back where I started. I have restarted on April 15th of this year. If you want a new friend, I could use one too. I am forty-something and I really am determined to get my nutrition and fitness back in order. I wish you the best!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    A lot can happen in 6 years. There's no shame in that.

Instead of feeling disheartened, point to that achievement and say: I'LL DO IT AGAIN!

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Try not to beat yourself up about it. A lot can happen in those years and well, you did it once, you can probably do it again.

I just realized over the last week that it's been about six years for me since I hit my pre-pregnancy weight of 170 and that I gained about 70 past that again due to a multitude of reasons. Unlike some people, I have never been in a healthy weight range for my height, but I'm looking to change it (and keep going) like I was some six odd years ago.

Just gotta keep going, get hugs when you need them and find ways to stay motivated and committed about it.

Wishing you the best! <3
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options